Steering damper doesn't fit

Is that normal to have to pull down on it a little bit?
Yes, it's designed to be able to move. Best to get both bushing ends mounted before tightening.

IIRC, the only part that is actually an upgrade is the tie rod.
Also, no need for a fancy damper, oem replacement is good enough.

Yes, it's designed to be able to move. Best to get both bushing ends mounted before tightening.

WHAT now you tell me...an I prob didn't need to pay for the American Strat too....

Attachments

• AD57F7CA-A427-4517-A5A7-985ACC058720.heic
    2.1 MB · Views: 72

Yeah this damper just happened to be thrown in with all my lift components that I bought from a guy off Craigslist. All my old parts were in pretty rough shape so I just did it all at once

you could guess from the photo I posted, but my steering damper is what came on my TJ when I bought it in 2017, and it already had that rust on it IIRC. I have not been motivated to do anything with it, but it might literally be the only thing below the frame on my entire rig that I haven't replaced or refreshed in some way.

you could guess from the photo I posted, but my steering damper is what came on my TJ when I bought it in 2017, and it already had that rust on it IIRC. I have not been motivated to do anything with it, but it might literally be the only thing below the frame on my entire rig that I haven't replaced or refreshed in some way.
In my case it made sense but It’s definitely one of those things that doesn’t get put at the top of the-to-do list!