Steering stabilizer rubbing on drag link

04RubiOR

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
0FAC1745-B5A6-4D44-AC22-A185BDA487B5.jpeg
hey guys, I had a Currie currectlync installed about a month ago and just noticed the steering stabilizer seems to be rubbing on the drag link. Is this normal? Maybe the installer installed it incorrectly?

Yes for sure do what was advised. Can you also post a few more photos of your steering setup from just a little further way to see the whole thing from knuckle to knuckle but still as close as possible? Plus a photo from the driver's side that shows the driver's side track bar mount and the Pitman arm?

Last edited:
Reactions: Daryl
Glad Jerry asked for that picture. Normally you attach one end to the axle housing and the other end to the drag link.

Last edited:
Reactions: 04RubiOR
Glad Jerry asked for that picture. You need to attach that to the drag link. Currently it’s attached to the tie rod. It’s doing absolutely nothing the way it’s installed.

Well that’s dissapointing. I paid a shop to have this installed. These guys were supposed to be the best round. Based off of a lot of parts they recommend and the handful of mistakes they have made, time to find another shop I suppose. Actually, I’m scheduled tomorrow morning to have my vanco big break kit installed. Fingers crossed I guess. Thanks again for the help guys.

Well that’s dissapointing. I paid a shop to have this installed. These guys were supposed to be the best round. Based off of a lot of parts they recommend and the handful of mistakes they have made, time to find another shop I suppose. Actually, I’m scheduled tomorrow morning to have my vanco big break kit installed. Fingers crossed I guess. Thanks again for the help guys.

I'm not saying the stabilizer shouldn't be installed onto the drag link as it usually is, but to stay that it is not doing anything is incorrect.

I'm not saying the stabilizer shouldn't be installed onto the drag link as it usually is, but to stay that it is not doing anything is incorrect.

Correct, I edited my post.

That's why I asked for the photos, your interference was not typical of a properly installed Currie steering system. Yes do move the driver's end mount of the steering damper to the drag link like shown here...

Currie.JPG

While they are at it, they could rotate the drag link tie rod end to be square to the pitman arm. Better yet, you can do it and know the job is done well.

While they are at it, they could rotate the drag link tie rod end to be square to the pitman arm. Better yet, you can do it and know the job is done well.
That's a ball-joint, it will not stay square to the Pitman arm for long if it were to be made square by twisting the drag link.

Reactions: 04RubiOR
That's a ball-joint, it will not stay square to the Pitman arm.
The three ball joints along the drag link should be oriented to make sure there is no bind during the steering and suspension travels. If all three joints are rolled in a similar orientation, then there might not be a problem. The orientation in the pictures could be better than it is. This is no different than making sure the JJs in our control arms are oriented the same on both ends.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daryl
Perfect. I’ll do that right now. You guys are awesome.
Make sure the steering stabilizer is pulled out 50%/half-way when the steering is centered before tightening the nuts on the bracket. That way it can extend and compress properly as you turn left/right.

Reactions: jjvw