Steering Stabilizer

This past weekend I switched out the drop pitman to stock, changed the double shear trac bar to the curry adjustable, changed the stock steering to the curry/savvy currectlync, changed all front control arms, shocks and suspension components to savvy, changed the multifunction switch too - fog lights!. Rear suspension/trac bar still to do.

My question is the steering stabilizer bolt at the axle. It seems REALLY close to the tie rod now that all this as gone in.

A couple of photos. One from the top and one from the bottom. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

7e3c917083fdf85b874a90e506fff091.jpg
fdcd5d02c81cc872943342f1bd1e9be7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's with that thick washer and longer bolt? Seems like the length of that bolt is the problem...it looks like that washer was used because whoever installed that only had the longer bolt, and didn't want to get the right size...IMO.

That's what the po installed and I think the massive washer and long bolt came with the stabilizer.

Any ideas what the right length bolt is?

I've been searching and an M12x65mm is what I came up with, but perhaps a M12x70mm flange with a lock washer is more appropriate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For one thing, the oem bolt is the opposite way. The bolt head is on the front, nut is on the engine side. And it just has a regular flat washer. You may be able to just flip the bolt you have around. If there's nothing on the back side that interferes, you're set.

Reactions: Serbonze