Steering wheel unraveling!

Any good inexpensive solutions to steering wheel unravel? Right at the top looks like where the wedding ring rides and where you pivot and steer one handed is just peeing away. I hate the cheap covers at the parts stores.

Buy a good quality lace-on leather steering wheel cover. They feel really good and last for many years. Good ones fit tightly and look factory. They're sold on sites like Amazon and eBay.

There are cheap $20 or under leather covers I wouldn't touch, good ones like this one are really nice once installed. https://wheelskins.com/

Last edited:
I paracorded mine and have really enjoy my solution. I believe I only used about $4.00 of cord for my entire vehicle since I did the grab handle and the door straps at the same time. Here's some pictures of this solution if you are interested.
IMG_3532.JPG IMG_3533.JPG IMG_3535.JPG IMG_3536.JPG

I agree with what Jerry said. The lace-on covers look almost like factory, and they fit nicely.

Another alternative is to take it to an auto upholstery shop. I did this with an old BMW of mine and the recovered the steering wheel with new leather for $200. It was so good that you would have thought it was factory.

Not exactly cheap, but it's an option!

I agree with what Jerry said. The lace-on covers look almost like factory, and they fit nicely.

Another alternative is to take it to an auto upholstery shop. I did this with an old BMW of mine and the recovered the steering wheel with new leather for $200. It was so good that you would have thought it was factory.

Not exactly cheap, but it's an option!

$200. For a steering wheel cover? You have too much money [emoji857]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FF_Jeep
$200. For a steering wheel cover? You have too much money [emoji857]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, more like a reupholstered steering wheel. But it was a BMW M3, so I didn't want to cheap out :p

I bought this:

https://www.quadratec.com/products/96112_1000.htm

It was a b*tch to get on but gives you a good grip on the wheel. It does make the grip feel pretty "fat" and it seems to be good quality.
I have this on mine to (although I purchased from wal-mart). Normally I cannot stand steering wheel covers, but for some reason I like this one, in this jeep. And yes, it was a PITA to get it on.