Steering Wheel Went Off Center Over 2 Week Period

Roadrash74

TJ Enthusiast
Good day everyone. I am new here but after reading through several threads I couldn't help but to post a question. I got an alignment (I have lifetime alignments so it didn't cost) done a couple months ago because while my TJ drove straight, the steering wheel was about 5 degrees to the right. After the alignment it drove great for about 1.5 months (all on pavement), then I started to notice the steering wheel moved left a bit over the next couple weeks until it settled in about 5 degrees to the left with a slight pull to the right. I looked at all the steering components and everything appears solid and straight. Could this be something in the steering box? There is a little play in there but I cant imagine anything happening that would lead to a 5 degree movement. Any Ideas would be helpful. I can recenter the wheel but if there is a bigger issue I would like to catch it before it catches me. Thanks in advance.

Make sure all the clamps are tight on the draglink and tie rod.

jeep steering

On this picture the collar on the drag link adjusts your steering wheel. Loosen the 2 bolts and rotate the collar to adjust the steering wheel. Tighten up the bolts and you will be good to go. Takes 15 mins.

Are all of your tires properly inflated?
I suppose I should double check the pressures. They look even but that could be deceiving. Do you suppose that would cause the steering wheel to be off or just a pull? When driving straight there is no "pressure" on the steering wheel when its off center like if I was steering into a pull. Does that make sense?

A low tire can cause an offset steering wheel and pull. It's really easy to check. It's probably not your issue but a good easy starting point.