Stereo remote for the win!

Moab

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
The buttons on my Kenwood stereo are so damn small. Its next to impossible to hit them when bouncing down the freeway.

My Jeep came with the stereo. And I had completely forgotten about this remote I threw in a box. Came across it last week. And immediately knew what it was. I had a car back in the 2000's with a little remote like this. They are the best. You can leave it in the cupholder. And it takes no time to learn where all the buttons are at. And not have to take your eyes off the road to diddle with your stereo.

I don't know if they make universal or aftermarket ones. But if they do. Get one. They are awesome. This is a pic of one I found online. They sell these on amazon and ebay. So chances are you can find one for your stereo. They are totally worth it.

Screenshot_20220522-165400_Chrome.jpg

The buttons on my Kenwood stereo are so damn small. Its next to impossible to hit them when bouncing down the freeway.

My Jeep came with the stereo. And I had completely forgotten about this remote I threw in a box. Came across it last week. And immediately knew what it was. I had a car back in the 2000's with a little remote like this. They are the best. You can leave it in the cupholder. And it takes no time to learn where all the buttons are at. And not have to take your eyes off the road to diddle with your stereo.

I don't know if they make universal or aftermarket ones. But if they do. Get one. They are awesome. This is a pic of one I found online. They sell these on amazon and ebay. So chances are you can find one for your stereo. They are totally worth it.

View attachment 332269

Come back with pics when you've tastefully embedded it into your steering wheel pls

• USA Proud
Reactions: TheBoogieman
had one with the Alpine in my Toyota 4x4. very convenient

All jokes aside. The buttons on the front of my kenwood are so small its ridiulous. Even dangerously so. Its like reading braille with your fingertips. I'm sure that two bit little remote has saved my life at least once.

I don't think ergonomics or safety goes into the design of stereos these days.

Reactions: L J
Every stereo I've ever installed had one of those. Never used any of them. The buttons on the remote are smaller than the ones on the stereo. I memorized 1....2.....3....4....5 on my stereo. 🤫

Reactions: Irun
Every stereo I've ever installed had one of those. Never used any of them. The buttons on the remote are smaller than the ones on the stereo. I memorized 1....2.....3....4....5 on my stereo. 🤫

Not in mine. The buttons on the stereo are very small. And not easily understood at all. Plus with the bumpiness of the Jeep its very hard to find and press them.

With the remote in my hand I can easily find and press the buttons. Okus they are logically laid out. Maybe its just a kenwood thing.

Reactions: John Cooper and L J