Steven Preyer's 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

I agree with your build philosophy. I have a similar approach with my build, so I hope I don't sound like I'm diss'ing on your build. I think you are going about it with top shelf products, and a solid understanding of how you want your rig to behave. What Rancho shocks did you go with? RS55239/RS55241?

I never had the impression you were diss'ing on my build. The fact is both the JKS 3" springs and the Rancho adjustable control arms with the D2 bushing were hard to find feedback on here which was part of the reason I bought them so I could provide feedback to the forum.

My feedback will always error on novice driving impressions because I'm no engineer but I know many people are in that boat. I'm enjoying the conversation and happy to help out with any questions anyone has and can also handle anyone who questions my decisions. I have certainly made purchases based on forum opinions and I've made others to expand our knowledge (and to soften the blow $$$).

I went with the Rancho RS5000X part #'s RS55255 and RS55256

I am really considering the JKS 2" kit. I was ready to pull the trigger on the infamous OME kit but the all inclusive nature of the JKS is intriguing. I am watching closely. I dont think I can beat the value here. Im just waiting for more feedback on these kits. Thanks Steven Preyer for going out on a limb to share what you find. Its a great help.

Reactions: Steven Preyer
I am really considering the JKS 2" kit. I was ready to pull the trigger on the infamous OME kit but the all inclusive nature of the JKS is intriguing. I am watching closely. I dont think I can beat the value here. Im just waiting for more feedback on these kits. Thanks Steven Preyer for going out on a limb to share what you find. Its a great help.

I'm always looking to strike a balance between price and performance. So far I'm happy with my decision. Going to challenge the jeep again this weekend on some semi-difficult trails. I'll report back how it does.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Your spot on with your observations and your concerns. My upper coils are tight but are active and not bound. If I added weight it might not be so active anymore. Just based on research before buying I noticed 2 schools of thought, one was to provide a true dual rate experience and the other was to retain the springs in the perch at full droop.

If you look at my full droop pic the coils are still seated yet at normal driving I'm still getting the benefit of active coils. I do acknowledge that my flex is minor compared to more built Jeeps. The JKS JSPEC 3" coils fit well with my philosophy of building a well performing Jeep that looks understated........ "Mild Build".

View attachment 83608

View attachment 83611

I''m looking into this kit as well. Are you running the Jspec 3" complete lift or just the springs. Do you have double spacers on top of the front spring for leveling?

Bump, any updates on your lifts performance, pro's/con's? Looking into the 3" Jspec for my 04' LJ based on your strategy of striking a balance between value and performance. Thanks in advance, enjoying the build!

Would love to have an update on the 3" JKS dual rate springs. I'm considering using them with my Old Man Emu shocks. OME shock generally come with the 2.5" OME springs. Do you think the 3" JKS springs would be too much for the shocks???