Steve's 1998 Wrangler axle swap and build

I can see we are cut from similar cloth, anal retentive as hell! šŸ˜†

I admire your ability to work in the snowy temps šŸ„¶. Looking mighty fine!!

EDIT: Nice work on the diff gears...right smack in the middle (y)
Thank you. My new Jeep so it has to show who I am, trying to put together right with all rust gone, new paint, step by step. I spent 6 hours on the ring & pinion (my first one) and learned abunch. Next one will be much easier.

The snow, we have not had much snow in 10 years but this year we got 40ā€ in two weeks. The temp is 50 and most of the snow is gone. It sure beats rain though.

Glad to hear North Bend is almost snow free now. Sure wish it would warm up here too. We had snow yesterday and it is a nice 25* outside right now. Funny how only 40 miles east of you the weather can be so different.

Nice work on the Jeep. I've been looking at the Behemoth Strong Box. They do some nice work. That D300 flip kit is bling.

Glad to hear North Bend is almost snow free now. Sure wish it would warm up here too. We had snow yesterday and it is a nice 25* outside right now. Funny how only 40 miles east of you the weather can be so different.

Nice work on the Jeep. I've been looking at the Behemoth Strong Box. They do some nice work. That D300 flip kit is bling.
Hello Wildman. A few of us are planning on taking the WA Discovery Backcountry Route in July. Have you been?
I like Jason at Behemoth, he is a very nice guy. The products he makes are good and hard to find so I do my best to work with him. This D300 is going to be sweet.
Today in North Bend not above freezing so the snow remains.
Maybe we will meet on the trails.

Cheers

Reactions: Chris
Steve,
I'll be honest that I don't think my TJ will be running by July. I am hoping it will but with the way the weather is working right now I doubt it. I have a garage but it isn't heated so I have to wait for the temperatures to be above 45* for a few days. I need to get my engine block to the machine shop and I am taking my old suspension off and am going to install a custom 3link/4link. I have hopes it will drive out of the garage this year. But don't know when.
Like everyone money is the limiting factor.

It got up to 21* in Cle Elum today.

Reactions: Chris
Steve, how long is the planned trip? It is about 600 miles long correct? Are you camping on the trail or? Do you know what level the trail is? Can a open both axle TJ on 31" tires make it? Might be a good trip for my daughters Jeep?

Steve, how long is the planned trip? It is about 600 miles long correct? Are you camping on the trail or? Do you know what level the trail is? Can a open both axle TJ on 31" tires make it? Might be a good trip for my daughters Jeep?
https://ridebdr.com/WABDR says 575 miles. I am sure the jeep could make it. The real dificult parts can be skirted around but I bet you could make it.

There are two veterans, Army, in the group also WSP and a couple others.

Well my daughter will be driving since I have a restricted license now. I can only drive an automatic. Of course if needed I can still drive a clutch but........ legally.

Are you camping along the route? I was reading some of the info about it and it said you can camp or stay in motels. So you can count us in as a strong maybe but I don't see any reason why we can't go.

The low back seats let me have full view of everything around the jeep that the high back blocks.
I just wish I could turn my neck far enough to be able to see, I have bone spurs that have fused almost all of my neck together and doctors dont want to fix it... so looking over my shoulder is not fun. I would love to slap my parents for bad genetics...

I can see we are cut from similar cloth, anal retentive as hell! šŸ˜†

I admire your ability to work in the snowy temps šŸ„¶. Looking mighty fine!!

EDIT: Nice work on the diff gears...right smack in the middle (y)
Got sent to China for work. Will be here 45 days. Project is stalled.

Before I left for China I got the rear swap finished and out for a test drive. The 4.10ā€™s go much better. Can actually do highway speeds in 5th gear.

81EBA502-BBCA-42E7-A8C9-FEBCEACF9F03.jpeg

34475190-1449-41B5-A09D-D75C827478E2.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt