StG58's 1999 Jeep Wrangler SE

I could never figure out why Jeep skimped on the roll bar cover behind the front seats, but had it everywhere else...did they figure SE owners weren't going to knock their skull against the bar, because they were unlikely to go off road? Cheapskates.
Lol, maybe...

There's enough dirt on mine to provide sufficient padding.

Rubicons run 4.10s, SEs run 4.10s. Coincidence? I think not... lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Squatch
I could never figure out why Jeep skimped on the roll bar cover behind the front seats, but had it everywhere else...did they figure SE owners weren't going to knock their skull against the bar, because they were unlikely to go off road? Cheapskates.
Must be a year to year thing, mine has padding.

Reactions: StG58
Must be a year to year thing, mine has padding.
So does mine.
New, kinda poser shots...
20180512_145557.jpg

20180512_145539.jpg

I coulda' gone over this cut and berm easily, but I was in a hurry to meet up with someone and blowing over these is frowned upon.

20180818_191645.jpg
Ran across some interesting logging paraphernalia. If you zoom in on that, it's a WWII tank hull turned into a mobile spar pole. That's something you don't see every day.

Reactions: Chris
Oh snap! We’re getting into ride of the month territory here with these photos!

Reactions: StG58
Enjoyed the pics and info
FN-FAL fan? :) Love those rifles
I'm a Mauser 98 kind of guy. I do like my StG58, the Austrian version of the FAL, but it seems to eat ammo at an atrocious rate sometimes. Finally had to start reloading cast for it. It's a good, reliable, even kinda sexy, rifle. Pairs well with my 1911.

Reactions: JMT