Sticker removal help

D M

CEL free! (again)
Supporting Member
Ive had this sticker on the jeep since I bought it, it was partially removed from the PO so its been cooked on there a while. I cant seem to get it off, Ive used goo gone and heat(not too much since I didnt want to boil the paint). Do you guys have any good way that removes baked on adhesive?
1805AC05-55BA-4948-BAB7-AD64CF372981.jpeg

If you can find SLX alcohol or alcohol fuel it works great, it won't hurt the paint. You can't easily buy it in CA anymore but if you have some in the garage. WD40 works okay too but you have to clean up the oil when you are done. Both strip wax entirely so you have to reapply.

Reactions: AndyG and D M
Reactions: D M
try soaking it with wd40 a few times over a few days and slowly working at it, again, spraying it with wd40 during each attempt.
Good post.

Might tape a baggy over it with blue tape on 3 sides, leave the top open- spray wd in and tape the top , wait an hour then hit it with a white scrubby pad.

That one is likely nearly one with the clear, cross your fingers.

Good post.

Might tape a baggy over it with blue tape on 3 sides, leave the top open- spray wd in and tape the top , wait an hour then hit it with a white scrubby pad.

That one is likely nearly one with the clear, cross your fingers.
When you mean scrubby pad, do you mean like a Mr clean magic eraser? Sponge etc.

When you mean scrubby pad, do you mean like a Mr clean magic eraser? Sponge etc.
Eraser might be a little aggressive- a white nylon is ideal- its very soft- similar to the green and red- also called a doodle bug pad.

Trying to think where to find them- test any thing under the hood or somewhere is a good idea.

Reactions: Irun
  • Haha
Reactions: Irun, D M and PRNDL
Don’t use heat at this point, heat is to removed the decal, at this point all you have is the adhesive. I use a product called Rapid Remover, it’s geared for sign/wrap industry not sure if you can find it outside of suppliers.

Either way. The key is to really soak it. One trick is to place a paper towel flat over the adhesive and spray you choice of remover on it. This will cause the paper towel to cling to that area. Keep soaking the paper towel, the trick is to lock in the solvent and let it really do it’s job. Once it’s been good and soaked remove the paper towel and take a clean rag and rub. It will ball up and will be able to get it off. Repeat process again if it’s being stubborn.

This works a lot better than just spraying it on, as most will just run off the adhesive. A lot of removers will also evaporate quick…

Don’t use heat at this point, heat is to removed the decal, at this point all you have is the adhesive. I use a product called Rapid Remover, it’s geared for sign/wrap industry not sure if you can find it outside of suppliers.

Either way. The key is to really soak it. One trick is to place a paper towel flat over the adhesive and spray you choice of remover on it. This will cause the paper towel to cling to that area. Keep soaking the paper towel, the trick is to lock in the solvent and let it really do it’s job. Once it’s been good and soaked remove the paper towel and take a clean rag and rub. It will ball up and will be able to get it off. Repeat process again if it’s being stubborn.

This works a lot better than just spraying it on, as most will just run off the adhesive. A lot of removers will also evaporate quick…
Thanks for that, im gonna give that a try. Since its late and all I have laying around is WD40, do you think that will do the trick

Listen to @LJ for the easiest solution. My brother spent an hour removing glue from some window rain guards, bought the wheel and it took 5 minutes to do the other side.