Still looking

Mjv

TJ Enthusiast
Just got back from a 3 hr. Trip looking at a 2004 tj. Low miles from north Carolina. Body really showed its age. Frame was good. No gas. Which I didn't like. Oil looked like tar, trans fluid smelled burnt and was brown. Had to pass. Very disappointing when the owner says it's in great condition. 😡

Bummer...keep the faith and everyday searching/looking. Sometimes it takes a bit finding one in the rust belt, but they are out there. When they do pop up they sell fast,so keep being diligent in your searching and you'll be rewarded eventually. Hopefully sooner than later. 😉

Not sure where you are in PA, but this dealership routinely has good CJs and Wranglers in stock.

https://www.jimbabishauto.com/
They start out pricing them high and dropping the price each week until someone buys.

I'm not looking for one right now(the op is in Michigan),but thanx. I've actually been out there before looking at a TJR with mid 40k miles on it,and it looked like it just came off the factory floor underneath,and all over. Tried to buy it...but they were asking waaaaay to much,and wouldn't even budge on price( 19,9xx).. glad that didn't happen.

Ah whoops scrolled too far...

To the OP, they're out there. Bought mine from a Honda dealership. Apparently the owner traded it in for a mini cooper...

I would encourage you to look in the Southwest, West Coast, and some place like Alabama. Lots of TJs with rust free undersides.

Reactions: bedhed
out of state is the way to go... but then your looking at shipping/travel and such.

are you keeping a eye on facebook marketplace? i see jeeps pop up for sale on there all the time, more so than craigslist. marketplace is the only thing i use facebook for, everything else on there (socializing) imo is crap.

Gilbert Jeeps in Athens, Alabama is a sure bet for nice, low -mid mileage , one owner 4.0 TJs webejeeping .com ...he’s got a sweet silver Rubicon Auto right now . Cars can be shipped , and I will look at one for anyone , and I’m picky when I need to be

Congrats on you for walking away from the one in the OP ...I’d like to see more of that on here ...less , I bought this and now I have headaches type threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: reddvltj