Stinger is almost done

Stinger

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Na Done is a fantasy. But here is the latest prior to Moab shake down!

Finally got the AC plumbed and charged. Almost done fabing new skid plates for engine oil pan and LARGE EXPOSE transmission pan. Sacrificed a couple of inches of ground clearance for more smooth lines of the plates in an attempt to less potential hang up problems.

Air 1.jpg
Air 2.jpg
Fab 1.jpg
Fab 2.jpg
Fab 3.jpg
Fab 4.jpg
Fab 5.jpg
Fab 6 .jpg
Fab 7.jpg

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Wow, I really like what you've got going on underneath there! How is the engine running these days? Got all the little bugs worked out?

Chris the engine is running great. It is showing a bit hot with the AC on and if I can find a way Ill put a pusher in front of the radiator to supplement the puller behind the rad. I just got the hood louver yesterday and ill get it installed in a couple of days. That should help--I hope!

Reactions: Chris
Well, better get that pusher in there before you hit Moab, that's for sure! I'm guessing you'll want the AC there.

You'll have to post some exterior photos of what it looks like when you're done!

Chris the engine is running great. It is showing a bit hot with the AC on and if I can find a way Ill put a pusher in front of the radiator to supplement the puller behind the rad. I just got the hood louver yesterday and ill get it installed in a couple of days. That should help--I hope!
Well, better get that pusher in there before you hit Moab, that's for sure! I'm guessing you'll want the AC there.

You'll have to post some exterior photos of what it looks like when you're done!

Hoping the louvers work first. Not sure if I can get a pusher in front because of space. We will see.

Reactions: Chris
Chris the engine is running great. It is showing a bit hot with the AC on
It shouldn't need another fan to run cool with the A/C on. Is the fan shroud in place and fully intact? How is the fan clutch? When does it run hot, sitting at a stop or while you're on the highway? Does it suddenly run hot or does it creep up to the higher temperature?

My TJ runs at its normal temperature even in my local hot desert conditions with the a/c on with the stock OE fan & radiator.

Last edited:
It shouldn't need another fan to run cool with the A/C on. Is the fan shroud in place and fully intact? How is the fan clutch? When does it run hot, sitting at a stop or while you're on the highway? Does it suddenly run hot or does it creep up to the higher temperature?

My TJ runs at its normal temperature even in my local hot desert conditions with the a/c on with the stock OE fan & radiator.

Even with the AC on and rock crawling?

I have too much pride to ever allow myself to do that. ;) Not to mention you're not really rock crawling if you are on a trail easy enough to allow you to keep the windows up for the a/c. :)

Yeah I was gonna say. I've wheel with u Cali dudes in the past. The doors were all off...whats the point of AC then haha.

Jerry you are behind. This 6.0 liter has no mechanical fan or therefore clutch. It's it an electric fan with a perfectly sealing shroud, with a latest generation Novack aluminum radiator. Ran just fine until I got the air running. It is not over heating, just running hotter than I would like. Well see once I get the louvers installed. I need to get my super hot intake air temp down!!!!

Even with the AC on and rock crawling?
I am a member of the Moab Red Rock 4 Wheelers. Many times we are on trails with 35 plus rig during EJS and lesser number during Labor Day. Nice having air while waiting on those flat landers to get over a rock.
Now having said that Stinger had kit been rock crawling in over 2 years while I completed this conversion and made a move fron Utah to Oregon. That gets solved this month when we leave for 6 weeks of crawling in Moab and beyond.

Besides Stinger is a daily driver and I HATE heat!

Jerry you are behind. This 6.0 liter has no mechanical fan or therefore clutch. It's it an electric fan with a perfectly sealing shroud, with a latest generation Novack aluminum radiator. Ran just fine until I got the air running. It is not over heating, just running hotter than I would like. Well see once I get the louvers installed. I need to get my super hot intake air temp down!!!!
Wow I guess I am behind!! Whoa, a 6.0L? Your Jeep's gonna be a monster!