Stock 02 Jeep Sahara build

Gibby

Hey just got this Jeep for my 16th birthday , it’s totally stock and my plan is to set it up a bit to make it look good ,thinking like a 2 - 2.5 lift with 32/11.50 tires on 15x8 ion alloys, this will be my daily driver ...so don’t want any issues to make it drive like crap. Tell me what your thoughts are on lifts and brands and what other modifications will be needed done (I’d like to keep it on the cheaper side as well ) thanks in advance !

919F2A6F-2076-45C7-93AC-52CC0D770EC0.jpeg

Reactions: JMT, Chris and EJD
Reactions: Gibby
If you want to stay in the range of 2" lift, I'd put some Rancho RS5000X shocks on it, and some OME 2" lift springs.

That would be IMHO the best riding 2" lift you could get. Pair that with some 31s and you'd have a nice, solid rig, for not a ton of money!

Oh, and you might be the luckiest 16 year old I've talked to in a long time. That's one hell of a birthday present!

Reactions: JMT and Gibby
Thanks ! I went and read that link that you sent and I think I’ll go with a custom lift and just piece it together as long as I can do it under my budget ,I really like the idea of 2.5 inch ome coils but they’re pricey and as you mentioned in the other forum, coils aren’t really most important when it comes to ride quality, so I might go with the rough country 2.5 inch coils and then Rancho RS5000X shocks to get that good ride quality as it is my DD . I also plan on doing the front adj. track bar and the relocation bracket for the rear just because I’m picky and feel like the offset in the axle will bother me too much .

Good plan and welcome to owning a TJ. Easily the most fun vehicle on the planet. I ran your basic setup in 2017. It’s easily buildable into something more if you ever want to go that route.
4D3A7163-6B15-48FA-B2F9-FA00579B61DC.jpeg

Reactions: Gibby