Stock coil height vs aftermarket

dxbtj

Hi all,

I am swapping in stock coils and shocks to my jeep as my current shocks are no good. It has a aftermarket lift i believe teraflex but not sure of the height.

how can i determine the lift height of the coils, my plan is to measure the aftermarket ones when off and compare to the stock coils that are currently not mounted. If the stock shocks can work with the current coils then i will leave the coils and use stock shocks until i can order the appropriate length aftermarket coils.

my jeep doesnt have any extra bumpers as well, so if i could determine the height of the current coils mounted that would be useful to know as well

Wheelin98TJ;6077636 said:
Below are the approximate heights of various TJ coil springs when sitting at ride height with the weight of the Jeep on them. The measurements are from the very top of the spring where it meets the isolator or coil bucket to the very bottom of the spring (again where it meets the isolator or coil mount).

58939d1227836230-faq-coil-spring-measurements-tj-coil-spring-measurements.jpg

Thanks for the input! The chart shared seemed to help. It seems that indeed it is a 3 inch lift kit. 15 inch front and about 11 rear spring measurement (driver side on both)

20181225_140219.jpg
20181225_140122.jpg

Hi all,

I am swapping in stock coils and shocks to my jeep as my current shocks are no good. It has a aftermarket lift i believe teraflex but not sure of the height.

how can i determine the lift height of the coils, my plan is to measure the aftermarket ones when off and compare to the stock coils that are currently not mounted. If the stock shocks can work with the current coils then i will leave the coils and use stock shocks until i can order the appropriate length aftermarket coils.

my jeep doesnt have any extra bumpers as well, so if i could determine the height of the current coils mounted that would be useful to know as well
You’d need shorter shocks if you went back to stock coil springs. You’d likely need to do a few other things too

You’d need shorter shocks if you went back to stock coil springs. You’d likely need to do a few other things too

Hi JMT, i currently have a set of stock springs and shocks that i am going to swap in. I will remove the transfercase drop currently on, I also assume that the lower arms will have to be adjusted to the shortest setting.

I am unsure if the bumpstops are extended or not but it looks like they might have been

thanks derekmac! im unsure if the pictures i posted show the bumpstops well enough. but it looks like the rear has an extension at the top. and the front looks like it has an additional piece at the bottom.
Ah yes, I didn't really pay attention when I first looked at the pics. It does appear you are right. The extensions will be easy to remove.

so an update, i managed to contact teraflex online and they said it looks to be a 4inch lift (and apparently arms are installed wrong way around). Luckily i found a garage that deals with teraflex so hopefully they can look at my kit and see what the hell i actually have