Stock odometer voltage / amp requirements to read mileage while dashboard is out?

Jeephusky

I have an off the wall question, and this probably could have been avoided if I just waited…… but I didn’t.

Anyways, I am in the process of an LS swap/ full restoration of my 00 TJ, and have to transfer the title of the vehicle to myself from my mom, and the DMV needs to read the mileage off the odometer. Problem is, It’s almost 80% taken apart. And stripped 100% in the body.

Is there a way to do this with the dashboard out of the TJ? Like hook up a power supply to the odometer? Where is the mileage information stored?

Or should I just wait till the project is done?

Putting it back together for this is out of the question.

Thanks!

I use wires with alligator clips on each end and a 14v drill battery for things like this. I clip the alligator clips onto the terminals for the drill battery and then other ends onto whatever I want to power. If it's a female connector, might have to stick a piece of wire down in it and touch the clips to the wire. I don't see why it wouldn't work for the odometer. When the Jeep is switched on, the odometer gets power and displays the mileage. Just have to figure out which pins need power.