Stock OE Seat Replacement with Suspension Seats

Jerry, do the PRP seats sit at the same height as your stock 03+ seat or did you gain some height? I noticed some seat risers in the installed photo. How's lumbar support?

Jerry, do the PRP seats sit at the same height as your stock 03+ seat or did you gain some height? I noticed some seat risers in the installed photo. How's lumbar support?
I'm pretty sure I gained a little height from the PRPs, possibly from their adapter brackets. I keep telling myself I need to remove the seat base spacers I added for the factory seats, I sometimes have trouble sliding in under the steering wheel now. Lumbar support seems fine, at least my Lumbar isn't complaining.

Reactions: mikalcarbine
May or may not be relivant depending on model but there’s several prp seat reviews on YouTube. The videos are specifically in a 03+ tj and they mention the seat sits higher than stock. One guy mentioned for taller drivers they may not be a good idea as his head was just inches from the upper factory roll bar.

Dang, this is troubling. I'm an extra-tall driver - I'd need to order the reclining version of the seats just to fit properly, but if they sit even -higher-, that's no good.

I really wish there was some place i could test these out - anyone in the new england area havre them (or know of a vendor who carries them and can demo) so I can try them out? Seems ridiculous to spend $1k on seats only to have them not fit properly. :(

Dang, this is troubling. I'm an extra-tall driver - I'd need to order the reclining version of the seats just to fit properly, but if they sit even -higher-, that's no good.

I really wish there was some place i could test these out - anyone in the new england area havre them (or know of a vendor who carries them and can demo) so I can try them out? Seems ridiculous to spend $1k on seats only to have them not fit properly. :(
Even testing them out will not help you. You need to know how they sit in the Jeep.

How tall are you? I am 6' and have the prp daily driver seats in standard width. I have probably 6" of headroom in my frameless soft top, and closer to 10" in my hardtop. Also with the seats all the way back I can barely get the clutch pushed all the way in. When I took the factory seats out I removed the 1" spacers I had. And I gained head room, maybe a 1/2". So I would say the prp seats sit about a 1/2" higher than stock.

May or may not be relivant depending on model but there’s several prp seat reviews on YouTube. The videos are specifically in a 03+ tj and they mention the seat sits higher than stock. One guy mentioned for taller drivers they may not be a good idea as his head was just inches from the upper factory roll bar.
03 and newer seats actually sit noticeably lower than 2002 and older seats do, not higher.

How tall are you? I am 6' and have the prp daily driver seats in standard width. I have probably 6" of headroom in my frameless soft top, and closer to 10" in my hardtop. Also with the seats all the way back I can barely get the clutch pushed all the way in. When I took the factory seats out I removed the 1" spacers I had. And I gained head room, maybe a 1/2". So I would say the prp seats sit about a 1/2" higher than stock.

Half inch may be workable, but I'd need to try it out.

I have the unfortunate thrill of being 6'6" tall.

The video is 03-up. Watch it and listen to his likes and dislikes. Then decide. I’m 6’4 so I cannot risk my head being that close.

I can take some measurements from the seat to the roll bar and the hardtop if that helps. I can say that the daily driver seats are one of my top mods(gears and lockers being first) the comfort and quality are top notch

I can take some measurements from the seat to the roll bar and the hardtop if that helps. I can say that the daily driver seats are one of my top mods(gears and lockers being first) the comfort and quality are top notch

That might be helpful. Then I can measure mine and compare. Thanks!

I tried brightening up this photo best as possible. These are pulled from the video. His head is slightly past the top of the seat while seated. These are the “taller” version seats in a 03-up. I have atleast 2” on him in height. There’s no way I’d put these in my Jeep seeing that my head would be that close to the roll bar. These would be great for someone shorter than myself.
8A97A2DA-1BAD-485F-9EFD-F08E476CC781.jpeg
BB43F9A6-65E9-458A-A117-08A9D754968A.png

That's interesting, I got 37" also! So maybe not a big deal, or that my seat is funky, dunno. On the other hand, going by this stunning picture of my bald-assed head, there's only an inch between the back of my head and the rollbar, particularly if i lean back. This is too tight to tell :(

1547853083587.png

I have a set of prp Enduro Elite seats on order. I got the +4” height seats. I’m 6’5” tall. Should be just fine. I have a 1999 min put seats and bases from an 06’ in because they lowered me about two inches from the factory seats from 99’. I was able to sit in some daily Drivers and was fine. So if they sit the same I should be ok. As you know being tall we don’t have a ton of headroom. Mine should ship in the next week or so.