Stock Rims, New Tires

ideal backspacing is 3.75 for 12.5 inch tires I believe stock is around 5 or 5.5. I believe tire pressure is around 26-28 psi for 33 for a smoother ride.

You could run 33x10.5 inch tires with your stock wheel but for 12.5 you will need to buy wheel spacers in order to make them fit.

The backspacing for your wheels depends on which wheels you have, but I think most of the 15” wheels had a 5.5” backspacing. Alex01 is right, the 12.5 will likely rub a bit. The 10.5 should fit better, as well as being slightly cheaper and better on/off road. There was an excellent article written on expedition west several years ago that went through the reasons why. Very good read if you are mechanically minded and want the reasons why narrow is better.

The backspacing for your wheels depends on which wheels you have, but I think most of the 15” wheels had a 5.5” backspacing. Alex01 is right, the 12.5 will likely rub a bit. The 10.5 should fit better, as well as being slightly cheaper and better on/off road. There was an excellent article written on expedition west several years ago that went through the reasons why. Very good read if you are mechanically minded and want the reasons why narrow is better.
Could you send me the link to that article?

I googled around a bit. Looks like the article was called Expeditions west: Tire Selection for Expedition Travel. By Scott Brady. This is the best I could find. (all the hot links are dead)
Capture.PNG