Nebraska Stock Springs: Free Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerJeep

TJ Enthusiast
Price
Free + shipping
Stock springs off of a '98. The Jeep has 101,500 on it, so I assume these did as well (I don't have the maintenance history). Free, just pay shipping.

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

Are they still riding decently? For my lj, the shocks and springs seem pretty dead, and I could use a replacement
Well they are 14 yrs old and have sagged 1''. There're just tired and worn out. However (and you may know this), ride comfort comes from the shock and tire; the spring just supports the weight of the vehicle to allow the axles to "float" if you will. If I were you I would not put used stock springs on. If you like the ride height, a set of new OEM springs are fairly inexpensive @ ~130.00 . I would also replace the shocks with a set of Rancho's which on sale are ~150.00. I mean the labor is the same to put new stuff on as it is to put on old.

Well they are 14 yrs old and have sagged 1''. There're just tired and worn out. However (and you may know this), ride comfort comes from the shock and tire; the spring just supports the weight of the vehicle to allow the axles to "float" if you will. If I were you I would not put used stock springs on. If you like the ride height, a set of new OEM springs are fairly inexpensive @ ~130.00 . I would also replace the shocks with a set of Rancho's which on sale are ~150.00. I mean the labor is the same to put new stuff on as it is to put on old.
Fair enough, thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.