Stock TJ cage vs JK cage?

dylansalrin

Orthopedic Circulator
Supporting Member
Ok so I have an lj and a buddy has a mount that runs from roll bar to roll bar on his c pillars (for his jk). He doesn’t need it anymore and is willing to sell it to me but I doubt that the width between his roll bars is the same width on my LJ. Am I wrong? Doesn’t any one know? I attached a picture of the mount on the back of his JK
ebb1eecc93dc2e3e5b83c1271f372740.jpg

I can tell you for certain it won't fit. The JK is wider and has different dimensions entirely.

Yea I was assuming that but was hoping for a different answer ha. After some digging I think I found that both rear diameters are 2.25” but the width between c pillars on my LJ is 48” and it’s 50” on a jk. So close.. oh well

Yea I was assuming that but was hoping for a different answer ha. After some digging I think I found that both rear diameters are 2.25” but the width between c pillars on my LJ is 48” and it’s 50” on a jk. So close.. oh well

It would be close, just not enough unfortunately!

By digging, do you mean walking up to both Jeeps with a tape measure?

2003 Rubicon

By digging, do you mean walking up to both Jeeps with a tape measure?

2003 Rubicon

No I don’t have access to a jk at this time of the night hah. I was able to locate a company who makes a tire carrier that mount to roll bars (the sell them for over $1000) and I found some “sizing chart” but it wasn’t super inclusive. I got a good hint it wouldn’t fit though

Got access to a welder and someone who knows how to use it? Could cut a couple inches out of it.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: JeepNWilly