Stock TJ Measurement Needed - Front edge of axle to front edge of frame

carrotman

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm trying to figure out how far I stretched my front axle from stock specs, my only reference point to go off of is from a previous lift and that won't be the correct measurement.

If someone with stock suspension and with the Jeep at ride height could drop a plumb bob or a laser from the front edge of their frame, or some other easy to access spot that is repeatable across TJs, then send the measurement from there to the front edge of the front axle tube, it would be much appreciated.

IMG_4504 Large.jpeg

I'm trying to figure out how far I stretched my front axle from stock specs, my only reference point to go off of is from a previous lift and that won't be the correct measurement.

If someone with stock suspension and with the Jeep at ride height could drop a plumb bob or a laser from the front edge of their frame, or some other easy to access spot that is repeatable across TJs, then send the measurement from there to the front edge of the front axle tube, it would be much appreciated.

View attachment 407372

How did you wind up with a 98 TJ?

Not the holes. The 98 is the only year with the snubber platforms under the corners of the grill.

Huh, neat. Do the other years just have them rest on the frame? Seems like the snubbers wouldn't be long enough to reach.