Turbo'd Rubinot

Recently the wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday-$300 later I finally was able to upgrade my audio.

After quite a bit of research and a huge thanks to @Chris post. I went with Polk DB462 for the front and Polk DB522 for the tower speakers and the Kicker 6.75” Comp RT with a mono kicker amp to replace my stock center console sub giving my space back from the rear from my 10" Sub/Box.

The work to accomplish it was all nearly plug and play when I ordered the correct plate to fit the 4x6 front speakers and correct wires to plug right into my stock wiring. One part that required the use of a dremel was grinding down the plastic within the sub box to have the sub itself sit flush. If you look at the photos closely I had to take material off the center and fins within the box. After maybe a few hours everything is put together and sounds 100x better. I’m currently waiting on my amp before the sub is running but I know it’ll be just as good if not even better compared to the 10” sub I had in the back.

View attachment 118695

View attachment 118696

View attachment 118697

View attachment 118698

View attachment 118700

Glad to hear you like this, was looking into doing the same on mine.

Reactions: Sgt Jarhead
Definitely love the journey. Like me I like finding stuff for good deals lol. Can’t wait to see more. This makes me want to start a write up on mine

It’s definitely nice to look back at my thread and see how far the rig has come along. Even if I came late to the game since the first few photos was of me upgrading the rig was roughly a year from the actually start.
Please do! It’s absolutely awesome to see others threads and get more ideas and even tips on things/products to avoid.

Last edited:
Coming along nicely, and welcome back to Oregon!

Southern Oregon is a nice place!

Thank you! It’s still surreal being back after only visiting off and on the last 8 years.

Downside is the wife is still stuck in Hawaii until hopefully August (pending what’s going on with COVID). With me and 2 boys it’s been rough at times without her. Luckily I’ve been blessed with a full time job recently (even with the pandemic) not to mention the purchase of our first home to at least keep us comfortable with our heads above water.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Thank you! It’s still surreal being back after only visiting off and on the last 8 years.

Downside is the wife is still stuck in Hawaii until hopefully August (pending what’s going on with COVID). With me and 2 boys it’s been rough at times without her. Luckily I’ve been blessed with a full time job recently (even with the pandemic) not to mention the purchase of our first home to at least keep up comfortable with our heads above water.

That’s both good news and bad news at the same time.

She’s not even allowed to leave Hawaii? That’s crazy if so. Hawaii is going to be devastated. Their entire economy is based on tourism.

Glad you got a new home too. We close on our new home this coming Tuesday!

She’s not even allowed to leave Hawaii? That’s crazy if so. Hawaii is going to be devastated. Their entire economy is based on tourism.

The DOD isn’t allowing anyone to travel outside the state they reside in sadly. Believe they’re looking at weekly updates but we’re told to expect a possible change/extension come August. Although she’s getting out the military in that time frame she can be exempt and return home if it doesn’t get out of hand.

As for our personal belongings being sent to our home in a timely manner is unlikely so that’s a bummer. Luckily I’m making do with my trail bag I took as a carry on and whatever tools my father has in his garage 😂

Congrats on the new home! Hopefully a bigger garage is now in order for the toys 😉 my brother actually just closed on his new home today.

• Wow
The DOD isn’t allowing anyone to travel outside the state they reside in sadly. Believe they’re looking at weekly updates but we’re told to expect a possible change/extension come August. Although she’s getting out the military in that time frame she can be exempt and return home if it doesn’t get out of hand.

As for our personal belongings being sent to our home in a timely manner is unlikely so that’s a bummer. Luckily I’m making do with my trail bag I took as a carry on and whatever tools my father has in his garage 😂

Oh, I didn't realize she was military as well. That makes sense.

I was going to say, I know plenty of people who are still traveling. Of course they aren't military.

Welcome to the military I guess... hurry up and wait.

I was active duty Army, so I can relate 100%.

Not a bigger garage unfortunately, but a pool and a hot tub!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5486-W-Montebello-Way-Florence-AZ-85132/121924480_zpid/
You can close on a home on Saturday? I didn't know that. I thought it had to be during a business day. Well, congrats to both you and your brother too!

Man, that’s a whole lot of house out there! Seriously congrats, the home is stunning! For some reason I thought it was Friday yesterday, that’s when he closed though officially won’t get the keys until Wednesday.

Thank you for your service brother! Wife is onto 8 years with the Marines while I did 4 both of us as transportation operators. She just works more on the admin side of things.

Reactions: Chris
Man, that’s a whole lot of house out there! Seriously congrats, the home is stunning! For some reason I thought it was Friday yesterday, that’s when he closed though officially won’t get the keys until Wednesday.

Thank you for your service brother! Wife is onto 8 years with the Marines while I did 4 both of us as transportation operators. She just works more on the admin side of things.

Yep, it's a nice house for the cost, I have to admit.

You're welcome, thank you and your wife both. Hawaii is a great place to be stationed I would imagine.

Well the last few weeks have been interesting. My speedo gear housing was stolen and within the same week my radiator cracked (no surprise since it’s the original). While waiting for parts to arrive I got around to putting my full size spare Beadlock together and on the rig. When I finally got around to swapping the radiator I followed the cooling system overhaul that’s written out on this forum. Some sediment was found throughout the system but surprisingly not as bad as I thought. While digging into it realized my fan shroud was broken. After looking around the area after speaking with some friends I went out and picked up a replacement for cheap. Finished off the day by replacing the trans mount.

Tomorrow I’ll be replacing the outer seal on my slip yoke and prepping my replacement 33 spline axle shafts since one of the flanges were bent and leaking diff fluid.

80EBB4C2-BED7-4E59-BBBF-1D133512CE1E.jpeg

37667BD5-4E5F-4FB0-8F4C-601C45807A6B.jpeg

A80CD8E2-3FC7-4562-87C2-7634BF64627A.jpeg

F5ED202B-E072-4591-B136-5071AA33B862.jpeg

74C1B487-FB61-4054-A52D-95E9B229E728.jpeg

DD1BC0F2-553E-4E43-BE4D-E18836315503.jpeg

EA69D8EB-F868-4292-8ECF-E8B2FB3BEBAD.jpeg

7C39448D-F48D-43A9-BC0B-C5B95F10B017.jpeg

D09E2B52-D3E2-48CC-B3F2-63BB7DB8CAFE.jpeg

081DB93A-A95E-4DE6-89E2-723FA09E3468.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Awesome build, I really like those Machetes.

Appreciate it! I’m in love with the KMC Machete’s. Powertank just came out with monster valves set up specifically to be plug and play for these. Likely be pulling the trigger and hang onto them until I swap new tires to use in conjunction of my power tank for faster tire inflation.

Managed to find the time to knock out two more leaks. Guess I bent an axle shaft flange back in Hawaii (would explain a loud noise I heard that I never found the issue to...😂) the diff fluid was coming out of the d/s axle shaft and noted the tire wobbled a bit while driving. G2 hooked it up with a complete set free of charge.

Also had atf leaking out of my SYE Housing. When I recently did the tummy tuck I didn’t adjust the driveline accordingly and had vibrations going 60-65mph. Going to assume the vibes just killed the seal, once replaced no more leaks but plan on adjusting the rear driveshaft early tomorrow morning.

54846201-2470-43EE-BC55-81D94D787F65.jpeg

D1EFEDF1-5310-48BD-B3CF-1E13A49E339B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Starting
As I prep to leave for Salem, OR this Sunday the next 3 weeks for work, I thought I’d take advantage of not having the kids tagging along by finally adding the tuffy security enclosure to the rear. Especially since I plan on taking advantage of being a short drive away from Tillamook’s FireBreak 5 and Cedar Tree #13 (Currently have a post in the regional forums if anyone in the area wants to join!).

So much room for activities now that the rear bench is gone! Love how simple it was to install the Tuffy Enclosure and for only paying $140 it was hard to pass this up.

70965B86-5DFC-495D-8B09-4CD03EEAA9A9.jpeg

CB807708-559C-4EDE-AA76-130D1F9CB30F.jpeg

Last edited:
I finished installing the Banks Sidewinder Turbo system on my Jeep Wrangler about a month ago maybe a bit more. After settling a few minor issues it’s ran great thus far! I opted without the intercooler due to finding a post a while back of another owner putting together their own for less than half the cost. So at some point will look into that! Left things a little cramped due to my Poison Spyder Hi-Lines. Currently needing to modify the air box to fit in the tight space to cover the air filter. I bought a pre filter temporarily while I figure out a way to make it work.

View attachment 115621

I went with the intercooler so I wouldn’t have problems tuning it with something that was not designed to go with it. Mine has been in for 3 years now with now problems. View attachment 170177

Nice! I couldn’t justify spending the extra $$$ at the moment but when I do the intercooler I plan on going through HP Tuners.

Been scrolling through some old photos/videos of an old wheeling trip back in Hawaii as a family. Even had my wife hit a few spots on my Jeep for the very first time.

Just building my excitement as I’ll be taking the rig out in Northern Oregon this weekend!

638BD98B-78CA-4CA0-9AB7-9216E9789F53.jpeg

73BA73A9-9EC8-4F61-AE97-32912C626FB1.jpeg

4B9204B8-D81E-4988-A490-5CBDFB836FE4.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8157.mp4
    7.4 MB