Stoney Lonesome OHV in Cullman, AL

OK, so for folks near Alabama, Stony Lonesome is a great park to check out. Trails are well marked with signs and numbers. The greens were super easy, but the blues, marked Advanced, were a good challenge, and plenty of them for Jeeps to run on. Park has a total of 1400 acres or so, but a good chuck is Motorbike trails only. Dry as a bone on Saturday am, and dusty. Rain Saturday evening got the dust down, and mud up. The hardest trails, extreme rated, were a mixed bag. A few we ran were totally doable with a slightly built up Jeep with lockers, and some I just didn't have the nerve to try. Great place for a weekend of Jeeping.
Jason going up the steps.jpg

OK, so for folks near Alabama, Stony Lonesome is a great park to check out. Trails are well marked with signs and numbers. The greens were super easy, but the blues, marked Advanced, were a good challenge, and plenty of them for Jeeps to run on. Park has a total of 1400 acres or so, but a good chuck is Motorbike trails only. Dry as a bone on Saturday am, and dusty. Rain Saturday evening got the dust down, and mud up. The hardest trails, extreme rated, were a mixed bag. A few we ran were totally doable with a slightly built up Jeep with lockers, and some I just didn't have the nerve to try. Great place for a weekend of Jeeping.View attachment 25893
Looks like a ton of fun! Maybe some time we can get a forum ride up there!

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Looks like a ton of fun! Maybe some time we can get a forum ride up there!

We had an awesome time. If you go, and like Badges, Jeeps Badge of Honor system has 3 Badge trails at Stony. I think we rode every advanced trail in the park, and 504 leading to the extreme called Switchback was my favorite. Switchback wasn’t too bad, just a really steep trail with tight switchbacks. 3 Point turns for my LJ, about 7 Point for my buddies JKU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
We had an awesome time. If you go, and like Badges, Jeeps Badge of Honor system has 3 Badge trails at Stony. I think we rode every advanced trail in the park, and 504 leading to the extreme called Switchback was my favorite. Switchback wasn’t too bad, just a really steep trail with tight switchbacks. 3 Point turns for my LJ, about 7 Point for my buddies JKU!

I appreciate the tips!

I appreciate the tips!

Not sure your wheeling preferences but on day two we spent a few hours riding to some of the extreme trails just to see what they were like. “Who’s your Daddy” was crazy Train. I’d love to see a big buggy nail the launch pad.
775496eb8c15581a3a47b0281de07d00.jpg

Not sure your wheeling preferences but on day two we spent a few hours riding to some of the extreme trails just to see what they were like. “Who’s your Daddy” was crazy Train. I’d love to see a big buggy nail the launch pad. View attachment 25933

Can't wait to see how well my unlocked new axles fair hahaha. This is what will push me to doing my front lunchbox I'm sure of it. I've seen that trail before but didn't know it was at that park!