Straight pipe exhaust

Jackson S

Hey does anyone know where to find the exhaust coupler off the back of the cat converter. I wanna buy one to do a muffler delete on the jeep. Or alternatively does anyone know any muffler delete kits for the wrangler?

i already have a leaky exhaust and im not doing it fro power i just want a nicer louder sound.
Its gonna sound like a Tijuana bus and removing the kitty if you do will add 0 power and make for more stinky fumes if the back window is open or leaks exhaust.

i already have a leaky exhaust and im not doing it fro power i just want a nicer louder sound.

That might likely end up a ‘ricer louder sound’ rather than ‘nicer louder sound’.

You gotta do you, but I started up my 4.0 with the cat back removed and.. no way I would keep it like that for more than a curious hour. (I installed a magnaflow)

For fun, here's an old video of mine.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6QwkdbGPCRksMjgP8

Sounds like an old tractor, like I thought it would. I wish you had video going down the road to show the excessively loud, raspy and popping sounds that will come with RPM and load. With that low RPM rumble, I bet someone thinks it sounds good without a muffler. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: MikekiM and rasband
Sounds like an old tractor, like I thought it would. I wish you had video going down the road to show the excessively loud, raspy and popping sounds that will come with RPM and load. With that low RPM rumble, I bet someone thinks it sounds good without a muffler. :rolleyes:

My first thought was…. Someone out there is going to think it sounds good

Reactions: BlueC
The cat will muffle a bit so it won't be as bad as a true straight pipe. But you should at least throw on a glass-pack. That'll tame the high frequencies and leave the deep rumble in place.

If you really wanna be cool go talk to Bub Rub he's got the hookup

all the cars im around are straight piped diesel landcruisers and nissans so yea.

• Haha
Reactions: lBasket