Straight transfer case shifter lever

JeepZilla380

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Reactions: TJ Starting
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Only at a single cup of coffee, but this would just change the existing TC arm from the 90 degree bend to a straight one like my CJ had.
Got it. There are kits out there that use a straight arm to connect directly to the shift lever on the t-case. That eliminates the reversing action of the bell crank and 2 hi is then all the way back where 4 low is now.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Does anyone have a pic with the straight one installed?
The pic in the listing, um, is lacking full reference view.

(Or do I need to use my google-fu?)

Edit- found a few pics from DrDMoney.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a pic with the straight one installed?
The pic in the listing, um, is lacking full reference view.

(Or do I need to use my google-fu?)
3rd pic shows what you need to know. Instead of the t-case lever pointing forward and being down and out of the way, it now points straight up. It is very happy to see you.

3rd pic shows what you need to know. Instead of the t-case lever pointing forward and being down and out of the way, it now points straight up. It is very happy to see you.

Ewwww, with that said, maybe I don't want to be grabbing it...

Reactions: Blondie70
Having had both styles (not this exact kit), I much prefer the way the stock one lays down out of the way and allows better access to my drinks.

• Haha
Reactions: L J and rasband
This what you want?

D02765C5-63FF-4848-AAED-BB4223C1A521.jpeg

039D7980-B89F-4C2C-8949-2519B960056A.jpeg

Reactions: dbbd1 and 5632
Mine would pop out of 4L sometimes as it contacted the console. Pic is in 2H. I took it out of the TJ and when I get around to putting it in the LJ I will just bend it some to stay away from the console in 4L.

IMG_4364.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: hear
did you weld the rod to an existing shift lever?

No i turned the end on a lathe and hand threaded it with a die. Used a torch to heat the other end and bent it by hand in a vise to match the factory V shape. Milled flats into it on a mill and then drilled the holes.

It hit the back of the console when it was just straight so I had to heat it up and bend it forward a little bit.

20200609_112239.jpg

Having had both styles (not this exact kit), I much prefer the way the stock one lays down out of the way and allows better access to my drinks.

Didn't think about drink interference but this has been on my list of things to do just for aesthetics. If it does cause any grief easy enough to switch back.

Thought about going the DYI route but in the end figured time vs money and the reviews on this one seemed to be good.