Strange paint problem

TheBoogieman

Disturbed Jeepaholic
Supporting Member
I got my Jeep back a month ago and the guy I sold it to kept in garaged for 2 years and used a few different ceramic coatings on the paint. We have been having afternoon rain every day because of the 90+ degree heat. While wiping it down I noticed about 15 spots on the "hood only" that look like this. Almost like rain drops dried and cracked the paint. They vary in size and are about the size of a pencil eraser. Anybody ever seen this before?
Rubi paint spots.jpg

Could that be the result of some of those nasty June bugs that Florida gets? Or maybe hail that cracked the clear coat? Don't know.

Sounds like some acid spay or drops hit it, never seen that before...looks like the paint is cracked right? Pic looks much bigger, are these new or been there since you got it back? Might be so small you don't know and just noticed them.

Reactions: skrelnik
Are you sure it's not sap that dripped on top?
No, I don't live or park near any trees. It's just parked in a business parking lot. I cleaned a couple with rubbing alcohol to remove the ceramic coating and waxed them. It's definitely cracked clearcoat, if not paint. They are rough. Weird stuff.

No, I don't live or park near any trees. It's just parked in a business parking lot. I cleaned a couple with rubbing alcohol to remove the ceramic coating and waxed them. It's definitely cracked clearcoat, if not paint. They are rough. Weird stuff.

Does it appear that the previous owner used low quality stuff, applied the materials in the wrong order or just butchered the job all together?

Sucks, maybe a good do-over will fix it up cause more cracks could start popping up of it was a bad job.

Does it appear that the previous owner used low quality stuff, applied the materials in the wrong order or just butchered the job all together?

Sucks, maybe a good do-over will fix it up cause more cracks could start popping up of it was a bad job.
I'm going to give it try to avoid more from popping up. I really don't want to have it painted. Outrageous prices for a quality job.