Strange yellow mark on paint

Viking Jeeper

2A Supporter
Supporting Member
My full doors have been in Bestop storage bags for a few months. I took them out yesterday and found this strange yellow stain along the bottom of the drivers door. There is no evidence of anything wrong with the bag and the doors were on my home built storage cart. I have tried to remove the stain with soap and water as well as cleaner wax and nothing happens. The bottom of the door and inside look fine. No signs of rust anywhere. What could this be? More importantly, how do I get rid of it?
IMG_6927.JPG
IMG_6928.JPG

My full doors have been in Bestop storage bags for a few months. I took them out yesterday and found this strange yellow stain along the bottom of the drivers door. There is no evidence of anything wrong with the bag and the doors were on my home built storage cart. I have tried to remove the stain with soap and water as well as cleaner wax and nothing happens. The bottom of the door and inside look fine. No signs of rust anywhere. What could this be? More importantly, how do I get rid of it?
View attachment 275236View attachment 275237Magic eraser

It looks like the clear coat yellowed from some sort of chemical reaction. I'd try some polishing compound. If that doesn't work it will probably need to be sanded.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
Oh yeah, Megs Ultimate Compound, great for paint transfer, trail pinstripes, and something like that. In all seriousness if it doesn’t show signs of coming off with a little rubbing compound chances are it is some weird reaction with the bag which I cannot explain, bad news is it’s probably in the clear coat and it will take a repaint to fix.

This spot is crazy. I cant feel anything different and nothing so far will touch it. I have re-inspected the Bestop storage bag and see absolutely nothing that would indicate it came from that but that is where the door was for the last few months. I'll try the Ultimate compound.