Stretched TJK (bigger rubber & extra inches)

It's been a while. Some positive news. While new axles are on order and the Jeep passed inspection, I decided to park the jeep for the winter and see if the front axle is salvageable. I carefully torched the pinion out of the housing. Old outer pinion race was .005" smaller than new. The new race could be installed no different than normal. I suspect my housing is good! Pinion lost the war, though.. :LOL:. I'll rebuild the axle and use it while I slowly build the ECGS axles.

View attachment 487574

This same thing happened to me after my housing dried out while doing my front coil over swap. The Ultimate Dana 44 front actually has a service bulletin for it. You have to squirt oil up onto the pinion when you do initial fill. End of the first trip seized up pinion bearing.

This same thing happened to me after my housing dried out while doing my front coil over swap. The Ultimate Dana 44 front actually has a service bulletin for it. You have to squirt oil up onto the pinion when you do initial fill. End of the first trip seized up pinion bearing.

interesting. There's a FB group for gear and technical installs. Some folks there stated to run front high pinion rigs in reverse a bit, for new installs, so the ring gear can sling some oil up into the passage. Before I install the new axles, I'll point the pinion(s) to the ground and fill the diffs.

Well, I reassembled the JK front and have about 100 miles on it. So far, so good. However, this arrived this week. nearly 5 months since ordering.

432737765_916239623630385_7655798596298248814_n.jpg