Stroker

My god... At that point you'd just wonder why they didn't swap out the 4.0 for a different engine entirely. Couldn't have been that easy (or cost effective) to get that much horsepower out of a 4.0

Still, I'm impressed. This is one of those things where they just did it because they could!

Like it will snap your axles and blow your gears haha.
No! That's what my engine will do without anything done too it. Hmmm! Wonder what a huffer would do. Never mind! I can't afford to replace the entire drive train at one time.

Reactions: Chris
Yep. Bought the engine assembled it, did the break-in procedure exactly as mentioned running it for 30 minutes at 1800/2000 rpm with Valvoline 15/40 and 1Quart of Lucas engine oil stabilizer, changed the break-in oil and to my surprise it had liquid coolant in the oil.
Spoke with 505 Performance and their reply was “We run all motors here just put some anifreeze seal in it run at temp for few hours and see if it quits“.

I decided to open the engine and worst fears were confirmed:

The engine Head was warped and cracked between the 3rd and 4th cylinder.
The engine block was also warped on the aft right corner.
The cylinders had noticeable vertical scratches on the walls.

After a huge exchange of mails Mr. Zack Steele agreed finally to retrieve the engine to give me back the money. I sent the engine to 505 Performance, the engine was delivery with a clean delivery note(meaning goods were delivered good shape and condition) which was latter on forged by 505 Performance with handmade remarks to the condition of the goods stating that the engine had fallen and it was destroyed. I took me ages to solve this issue and there are still amounts in dispute.

That company is not bound to its word. 4 7-A.jpg 4 7-B.jpg IMG_0437.jpg IMG_0440.jpg IMG_0440.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. Bought the engine assembled it, did the break-in procedure exactly as mentioned running it for 30 minutes at 1800/2000 rpm with Valvoline 15/40 and 1Quart of Lucas engine oil stabilizer, changed the break-in oil and to my surprise it had liquid coolant in the oil.
Spoke with 505 Performance and their reply was “We run all motors here just put some anifreeze seal in it run at temp for few hours and see if it quits“.

I decided to open the engine and worst fears were confirmed:

The engine Head was warped and cracked between the 3rd and 4th cylinder.
The engine block was also warped on the aft right corner.
The cylinders had noticeable vertical scratches on the walls.

After a huge exchange of mails Mr. Zack Steele agreed finally to retrieve the engine to give me back the money. I sent the engine to 505 Performance, the engine was delivery with a clean delivery note(meaning goods were delivered good shape and condition) which was latter on forged by 505 Performance with handmade remarks to the condition of the goods stating that the engine had fallen and it was destroyed. I took me ages to solve this issue and there are still amounts in dispute.

That company is not bound to its word.View attachment 3199 View attachment 3200 View attachment 3201 View attachment 3202 View attachment 3202

Man, that really sucks. If you paid with your VISA I would have filed a chargeback or something.

It is a very bad long story with 505 Performance.
Then I found out Golen Engines (Mr.Chad Golen) and everything went quite fine with the 4.6 Supercharged.

Well, besides the engine a lot of other upgrades had to be done, transmission, brakes, suspension etc, so the TJ is not yet on the ground.

The 4.6L stroked AMC engine was tested at the dyno without the Super Charger and had a Peak Horsepower of 263 bhp @ 5000rpm and a Torque of 309lb/ft @ 3900rpm.

With the Supercharger the 4.6L AMC Boosted engine will have a Peak Horsepower of 350bhp @ 5200rpm with 6 psi of Boost Peak and a Torque of 360lb/ft @ 4000rpm with a Compression Ratio of 9:1.

It will be definitely interesting after all the assembling and fine tunnings to see how the TJ will behave.

Some people complain about the 4.0 but I believe it’s a great engine which is more than enough for the TJ and once well maintained is extremely reliable and durable. What happen to me was a deep river crossing with a hidden crack on the snorkel system and such damaged the 4.0. So once you have to repair it…you do it properly. ;)

Attachments

• Jorge 4.6 Dyno.pdf
    13.8 KB · Views: 374