Stu Olson Offroad website

Hokahay

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I went to see what Stu is up to lately:

https://www.stu-offroad.com
I get a Error 520 and the Wayback machine shows nothing the last month or two.

I hope things are OK with him in Northern Minnesota.

His website had a ton of good info.

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 2.46.20 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: jjvw and Tob
What? Well, there are a few people here who know Stu personally. Maybe they have some insight.
I have called him once or twice in days of yore. And a couple emails over time.

But we aren't tight we didnt go to different high schools together.

So yes, I am hoping other old timers will know.

Ooh that doesn't look good, I just emailed Stu to see what's up.

Edit: I just verified Stu posted on FB yesterday so he was at least up and about then. I was kinda worried about him until that.
Yeah, I had to unfollow that shit after 156 consecutive posts from him showing icicles hanging off his face and the current temperature several tens of degrees below freezing. Yes Stu, I know you moved to where it is too cold for normal folk to live, if I wanted to see that crap every day, I'd get someone to set up a remote camera on a damn igloo somewhere in the godforsaken north.

Yeah, I had to unfollow that shit after 156 consecutive posts from him showing icicles hanging off his face and the current temperature several tens of degrees below freezing. Yes Stu, I know you moved to where it is too cold for normal folk to live, if I wanted to see that crap every day, I'd get someone to set up a remote camera on a damn igloo somewhere in the godforsaken north.
I grew up in that neck of the woods. We used to say that the cold weather kept out the riffraff. Then one morning I woke up looked in the mirror and id'd myself as said riffraff and hauled ass south.

• Haha
Reactions: Irun and mrblaine
I just heard back from Stu, he just sold his website to some as of yet unnamed company. He said it will be back online before too much longer.

Should have sold it to me. I would have bought it from him and made sure it was actually preserved.

I have a good idea of who he sold it to and they will do nothing good to it in the long run.

Bummer

Should have sold it to me. I would have bought it from him and made sure it was actually preserved.

I have a good idea of who he sold it to and they will do nothing good to it in the long run.

Bummer
As shitty as it would be, could we somehow mine the information and host here instead? Looks like Stu might be hanging it up, so (hopefully) wouldn't be hurting him.

The last forum I belonged to got sold and shut down by the competition. I had a really long post there about my engine swap to my XJ that ended up in the how-to sticky. Lots of pics and instructions including some fuck ups. All down the piss hole.

I hope they don't charge money for access to his content or the content he archived.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
@Chris roughly what's a site like that sell for?
Hard to say. The big companies that buy them up will pay you three times whatever the site makes in a year. I would guess that given Stu was running Google Ads he was probably making $1500 a month, maybe a bit more. So take that times 36 and that’s what they’ll pay for it.

I know this only because they’ve tried to buy this forum from me more times than I can count.

As shitty as it would be, could we somehow mine the information and host here instead? Looks like Stu might be hanging it up, so (hopefully) wouldn't be hurting him.
I’ll have to reach out to him and ask about that.