Stubby Bumper?

S

Shane Honeycutt

7569216cd9828b9208867256aeb16fb7.jpg

I'm looking to modify my front and rear bumper to a "Stubby". Any advice where to cut or at what angle?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Measure 10 inches in (or whatever you desire) on each side and cut away. Should be pretty easy and you can cut it at any angle you'd like.

Also, looking at that photo you posted I would say you are in need of a serious toe-in adjustment... I mean bad.

Ok thanks i didn't know if there was a certain amount to take off for that style bumper. What do you mean by "shoe-in" ?

Reactions: Shane Honeycutt
Thank you, i will get it taken care of.

Reactions: Chris
Thanks not really a stubby though I just wanted to keep the fog lights on haha
I was thinking about that too. Fog lights or no fog lights lol I will probably go with the full Stubby since i have the light bar but a very good thing to keep in mind!

I will look into it regardless luckily I have a mechanic that loves working on my Jeeps....he loves the tips I give him aka BudLight lol

Hey that toe-in adjustment might just be the picture playing tricks , I have a pic that looks like that if not worse & it's dead on adjusted right.View attachment 2130

You're right, it might be the picture. Looking at your photo the toe in looks way off, but it's obviously the picture playing tricks on me!

View attachment 2067

I'm looking to modify my front and rear bumper to a "Stubby". Any advice where to cut or at what angle?

View attachment 2067

If you plan on using your jeep for off roading you will want something more substantial then the O.E.M. bumper, For a shorter then factory bumper for your TJ wiht some real vehicle protection I recommend the 505-124 Rock Bumper. Olympic makes a wide variety of add on front end protections so you can build this bumper up as your needs and jeep budget can afford. check out. http://www.olympic4x4products.com/Jeep-50-Rock-Bumper-for-CJ-Wrangler-YJ-TJ-1976-2006-.html

505-124.jpg

I think you can get by just fine with a stock bumper off road, as long as you've got some tow hooks (though I prefer D rings) and a winch.