Stuck ax-15 Filler Plug

Hey guys, any tipps on getting that 24mm filler plug out. And should you change the gasket and is copper ok or should i get a differnt gasket typ.

Best regards

Use the right size wrench. Use a cheater bar on a socket or use the 2 wrench trick to increase leverage. Be sure to not drain fluid until you have the fill plug out.
Use some Croil on the plug and give it 10-15 minutes to soak into the threads. Absolute worst case bring it to a shop before you do any real damage. If you have an aluminum case heat won't do much and could hurt any plastic or burn able stuff.

Use the right size wrench. Use a cheater bar on a socket or use the 2 wrench trick to increase leverage. Be sure to not drain fluid until you have the fill plug out.
Use some Croil on the plug and give it 10-15 minutes to soak into the threads. Absolute worst case bring it to a shop before you do any real damage. If you have an aluminum case heat won't do much and could hurt any plastic or burn able stuff.

Not talking about the type of heat that will melt the metal; just warming it up a little to loosen it.
I know about the issues that can occur with removing the fill plug on the AX-15.
The '98 XJ 4.0L has an AX-15 and the fill plug presents a problem on occasion.
The 6 point socket and a breaker bar usually solves the problem.

Hey guys, any tipps on getting that 24mm filler plug out. And should you change the gasket and is copper ok or should i get a differnt gasket typ.

Best regards

I’d imagine driving the Jeep around to get the transmission hot would help. Cheater bar is a must.