North Carolina Stuck in Chapel Hill, NC and need help!

Chasitek

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
some friends and I were driving around a trail behind his house and there was really small stream/creek thing but the walls of the creek were deeper than we thought. I really need someone with a winch who is willing to drive to chapel hill, NC. I will pay gas, buy you a good lunch and a few drink or trade you something. Nobody i know is around who has a winch as everyone left the area when they thought hurricane laurence was going to be a category 4 hurricane. It ended up being moved down to a tropical depression. I’m desperate at this point and really need someone with a winch who can lend a helping hand. Thanks

Are you saying your TJ is currently stranded in a creek during a tropical storm right now? Man thats not good at all, the water level in that creek bed could rise up those steep walls from the storm and either get water into places you don't really want water, or carry it away downstream...

I wouldn't rely on anyone coming to the rescue (it would be great if it happened by chance) but man I would have to say go grab a hi-lift jack and some straps and try winching it out yourself 3 feet at a time, or is there any chance of driving it further up/down stream and getting out in a different area? Let us know whats going on!

Not good friend, you’re life is more important than the TJ. Stay clear of the creek bed. I hope you get some help before it’s too late.

NC folks on here that I know are CasterTroy

Are you saying your TJ is currently stranded in a creek during a tropical storm right now? Man thats not good at all, the water level in that creek bed could rise up those steep walls from the storm and either get water into places you don't really want water, or carry it away downstream...

I wouldn't rely on anyone coming to the rescue (it would be great if it happened by chance) but man I would have to say go grab a hi-lift jack and some straps and try winching it out yourself 3 feet at a time, or is there any chance of driving it further up/down stream and getting out in a different area? Let us know whats going on!

It’s not a big creek. Small stream and it’s tied to a tree because I tried using a power pull to pull it out. Really just need a winch gonna go back at it today. My belly and front axle is in the ground basically. No driving it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk