Stumped: plastic nutsert threader for front license plate and stock bumper

Not_Invented_Here_

TJ Addict
I can't find ANY of the plastic threader nutserts that go in the center of the front stock bumper (the oval, pill shaped insert holes in the middle) - I've tried multiple aftermarket parts shops (O'reilly, autozone, etc...) - dealer was unable to help. Crown makes one but it's for rear plate only or for the front fog lamps - according to the details at least.

Pretty minor issue but does anyone know where to find/purchase these? Or can anyone recommend a working substitute? A rep for Morris 4x4 said I should be able to use a rubber mallet and pound the standard square ones in but anything I've found so far is simply just too big.

I would check ACE hardware (or similar) for the inserts. They might not have oval but maybe something that will work

I would check ACE hardware (or similar) for the inserts. They might not have oval but maybe something that will work

Yeah been there and other local hardware stores - they all mostly sell the same standard stuff unfortunately but I may have to just figure it out with what they've got. I feel like there's an obvious DIY workaround type solution I'm missing. I just don't really want to drill into it. Appreciate the suggestion.

Use a round metal nusert and crush it in there, or a bolt with a nut held on the back side. If you have a winch, pinch the plate between the fare lead and the winch plate.

Reactions: Not_Invented_Here_
Glad you found some but I think at that price I’d do like @Drizit suggested and just use bolts, washers and nuts.

You should be able to find cheaper than than that though.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Those are for 2004-2006 TJ. For my '98, I ordered these.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-a...jeep-wrangler-yj-tj-unlimited-and-cherokee-xj
With shipping and tax, two $1.99 plastic nutserts come to almost $10.
On the other hand, it's about the only thing I can afford from Quadratec.
200.gif

I’d just run washers and a through bolt.

The backside of the bumper is not accessible in the middle.
There are what appear to be license plate mounting holes
on both the left and right sides of the bumper that are easily accessible.

These must have been a carryover from the plain YJ bumper
however the TJ added rubber blocks to the bumper
that would interfere with a license plate mounted on the side.

ctBJ-2UyOtDZE23CNUyptRPxU61GOBww8zF_wp=w500-no-tmp.jpg

The backside of the bumper is not accessible in the middle.
There are what appear to be license plate mounting holes
on both the left and right sides of the bumper that are easily accessible.

These must have been a carryover from the plain YJ bumper
however the TJ added rubber blocks to the bumper
that would interfere with a license plate mounted on the side.

View attachment 259824
those holes left and right are for the export bumper ends

bumper bling.jpg

bling.jpg