Subwoofer install ideas?

Ejforan

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
so i just got a 98 wrangler sport but it didnt have a console sub and i was wondering about peoples solutions to this problem while still keeping the tiny trunk space and rear seats in if there are any out there

@Rob5589 has a slick setup using a powered sub he mounting inside the bottom of the rear seat. I mounted a slimline 8" sub in my center console. Took a little fab work to do it. I, like you, didn't have a factory sub and just an empty pocket.

Reactions: CreepinDeth
@Rob5589 has a slick setup using a powered sub he mounting inside the bottom of the rear seat. I mounted a slimline 8" sub in my center console. Took a little fab work to do it. I, like you, didn't have a factory sub and just an empty pocket.
Thank you this whole jeep things pretty new to me. Thank god the community is great!

I have a box that is fitted to the back seat trunk space, but that’s not what you are looking for. The space is so small that I hardly notice not having though. Maybe you could find a console from a newer tj and fit it in I’m not sure. good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so i just got a 98 wrangler sport but it didnt have a console sub and i was wondering about peoples solutions to this problem while still keeping the tiny trunk space and rear seats in if there are any out there
Under the rear seat mounted to the bottom of the seat. Get a powered sub like the ROckford Fosgate PS-8 $$ or Sound Ordnance $ or Kicker $$$

@JMT and the rockford fits under im expecting but how easy is it to detach it to remove the seat when needed
It’s 4 screws to remove, plus wiring that simply unplugs from the amp. Not long at all. Much less than removing my hardtop with a hoist

It’s 4 screws to remove, plus wiring that simply unplugs from the amp. Not long at all. Much less than removing my hardtop with a hoist
Ive been looking at both that rockford and an alpine one but is installation as simple as boltong it to the bottom of the rear seat and wiring it to the radio?

Ive been looking at both that rockford and an alpine one but is installation as simple as boltong it to the bottom of the rear seat and wiring it to the radio?
I'll take some pictures later, unless @Rob5589 beats me to it. In short, cut a piece of 3/4" plywood slightly larger than the footprint of the sub/amp. Cut grooves in the board where your metal straps are underneath the seat. Sneak the plywood base under those straps. Bolt the sub/amp onto it. Run your wires. Enjoy!

I put a 1.25" lift on both front seats, now I can fit a small box I will build under the driver seat. It will contain a speaker designed for tight space, ill put an amp somewhere for it.
264-954_HR_0.jpg

I put in the steel locking center console for this reason. I knew I wanted to use the under seat space for this purpose. The speaker I'm going to use needs less than a cubic foot of box to work well. Nothing huge, just some clean bottom end. I don't need to rattle the license plate like the kids do.