Suggestions for a minimalist front bumper?

I ordered my Savvy front bumper / hardcore kit 7 days ago. I believe they might be closed right now since most of my stuff from Savvy has shipped quicker (Savvy definitely isn't an essential business as well). I also ordered Currie 4" springs yesterday from Savvy. Will have to see when they get shipped out. Might be a long time due to the virus.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I ordered my Savvy front bumper / hardcore kit 7 days ago. I believe they might be closed right now since most of my stuff from Savvy has shipped quicker (Savvy definitely isn't an essential business as well). I also ordered Currie 4" springs yesterday from Savvy. Will have to see when they get shipped out. Might be a long time due to the virus.

My Savvy front bumper just shipped a couple days ago, so at least they are shipping for the moment. I would agree that the virus is likely slowing them down.

Could be worse. I paid Gobi in November and got the rack in May I think. I'm not trashing on Gobi for that, because it's a known issue and I knew that when I purchased the product.

I was actually kinda needing the rack more though at the time then I need a bumper, since I've currently got a bumper.

Did you all go with the tow hooks or are there better hooks out there to pick-up?

Some were complaining about the logo on the Motobilt, I decided to play mine up a bit.
Installed a red metal back plate to enhance the logo a bit, looks better in the bright light too.
Plan on installing their rear bumper and adding the same shackles and backing to the logo.
I like it.
IMG_1248.JPG

Some were complaining about the logo on the Motobilt, I decided to play mine up a bit.
Installed a red metal back plate to enhance the logo a bit, looks better in the bright light too.
Plan on installing their rear bumper and adding the same shackles and backing to the logo.
I like it.
View attachment 152514
Glad you are enjoying it. Like the detailed touches you are making.

Reactions: Tray Burge
There are obviously lots of great choices out there for bumpers. Whatever you pick, do so with two things in mind, i.e. strength and weight. I ran a UCF aluminum bumper, shown in post #12, for years and was very happy. However, I recently switched to a UCF Ultra-Clearance steel bumper for functional reasons. The previous aluminum bumper weighed 24.4 lbs, with almost half the weight being the steel winch hoop. The new steel UCF bumper weighs about 16 lbs more than the previous combo, but gave me more room around the hoop (for better winch fitment), integrated D-ring mounts, integrated winch plate, and pulled the bumper in tighter to the grill.

The one downside to the UCF Ultra-Clearance bumper is that it can't be used with a factory sway bar. You have to install something like a Currie Antirock, which is a highly recommended modification.

View attachment 148854

View attachment 148855

Simple. I like it. The only change I would make is to have the ends extended just enough to protect the antirock. My bumper is chewed up in those spots.

Define essential 😂 I’m waiting on my SAVVY stuff too, with a growing shopping cart on their site as well. Hopefully I can start the project by summer but with everything going on I’m not holding my breath.

Define essential 😂 I’m waiting on my SAVVY stuff too, with a growing shopping cart on their site as well. Hopefully I can start the project by summer but with everything going on I’m not holding my breath.

Savvy is still shipping funnily. I got my spring earlier this week. My bumper hasn’t shipped yet but hopefully that’s coming soon!

Doesn’t matter. Auto parts is auto parts. It’s up to them how hard they want to work.
I think for Savvy it's more of a hobby that makes money on the side when they aren't busy with KOH or other fun projects lol. It did get better for a bit when they hired help. Not sure where it's at now.

Doesn’t matter. Auto parts is auto parts. It’s up to them how hard they want to work.

I understand they are allowed to be open by law due to the auto parts classification. Still didn't think there was a great chance they would be shipping. There are many automotive businesses that are closed, just like my local jeep shop.

Could be worse. I paid Gobi in November and got the rack in May I think. I'm not trashing on Gobi for that, because it's a known issue and I knew that when I purchased the product.

I was actually kinda needing the rack more though at the time then I need a bumper, since I've currently got a bumper.

Did you all go with the tow hooks or are there better hooks out there to pick-up?
I went with their tow hooks. I personally don’t know if there’s better hooks out there to use. But If Savvy is selling them as an option with their bumper, I trust it’s a very good option to go with.

Reactions: Rubisohoe