Suggestions for a minimalist front bumper?

Went the cheap-ass route and cut up the Smitty built.

Just gotta weld on some side plates, clean up and paint everything.

30 minutes into it and it didn't cost me anything but a couple cutting wheels.

I like it. I did the same with my body armor front bumper but left on more side to keep the winch guard and protect the anti-rock. I have my plate full with my POS right now but will cut it down even further once I find time.

DSC_7308.jpg

Reactions: Rubisohoe
So I finally finished the bumper yesterday. I appreciate all the ideas and suggestions. I would have loved to of had bought the savvy, ( that thing is sweet!) But overall I'm happy with the outcome.

Anyone with one of these cheap Smitty built style bumpers can pretty easily mod them to get a different look.

View attachment 156684

View attachment 156685

View attachment 156686
Impressive changes, that would look really good with a black Antirock running through it.

Well, I couldn't look at that bare ass anymore and ordered my front matching Motobilt rear bumper and the same shackles today.
Taillights next then onto the underneath side of the Jeep.
This is Legos for adults, I'm having too much fun.

IMG_1270.JPG

IMG_1266.JPG

Last edited:
Well, I couldn't look at that bare ass anymore and ordered my front matching Motobilt rear bumper and the same shackles today.
Taillights next then onto the underneath side of the Jeep.
This is Legos for adults, I'm having too much fun.

View attachment 156718
View attachment 156719
What do you do when you've installed your last Lego? Take it apart and build it with new Legos?

Enjoy it the fruits of my labor and just have fun with it.
I defy anybody to get out of one of these with the doors off and top down without a smile on their face!
Is there really ever a last Lego?
👍
I would take that challenge, if only I could drive it around on Jack stands. 🤔
No last Legos--only different ones.

And it seems someone else on here always has a "better" Lego piece I'm missing, and I convince myself I have to have it.
I think if you have a specific vision in mind for any build, once you achieve it, STOP!
I had this vision 5 years ago when I originally bought the Jeep for my son, knowing one day I'd get it back somehow from him.

I think if you have a specific vision in mind for any build, once you achieve it, STOP!
I had this vision 5 years ago when I originally bought the Jeep for my son, knowing one day I'd get it back somehow from him.
If only I had that discipline, Tray. It seems each day I have a different pair of glasses on and my vision changes. Ahhh, First World problems.