Suggestions for wider fender flares?

WLDRIDE

WLDRIDE
Supporting Member
As long as I'm going to run 10.5s on these wheels - and I intend to at this point - I'm going to need wider fender flares. What do you guys like/suggest? (We had the windows down just a couple of inches and were getting mud inside the vehicle. I had to wipe down my dash and the inside of the windshield.)

IMG_3390.JPG

Do you have wheel spacers behind your wheels? If so, are they necessary?

I bought a set of 6.5” stock style fender flares to stay legal. They just barely cover the tread of a 12.5 equivalent wide Duratrac with 3.75” net backspacing. I believe they were either Crown or Rugged Ridge.

With 10.5” wide tires and ~4” of backspacing they would cover probably the whole tire, sidewall included. Look for something about 5.25” wide for full coverage.

The biggest flares I’ve come across are the Metalcloak 8” flares. But those are overkill for most of us and require Metalcloak fenders.

Last edited:
Reactions: WLDRIDE
That's probably exactly what I'm looking for. Do you know where I can order those?
Looks the same as mine... off a Rocky Mountain Edition from 2004... slightly wider than stock... I think they are borrowed from the Rubicon line?

F70CA347-1416-4416-8E1E-7DDE3D585D91.jpeg

I might be able to hook you up with a guy in Iceland.

(As an aside, you'll notice that this guy has four fog lamps — in Iceland — where the longest night is 19 hours . That is: there's no egregious amount of light bars.)

But seriously, I have 33x12.5 Duratracs on my TJ and bought these flares to help cover.

Last edited:
That's probably exactly what I'm looking for. Do you know where I can order those?
As @skrelnik listed those are the places I would start first👍🏻, they were on mine when I bought it but any 4wheel parts place or Jeep catalog will have them . Make sure u post ur pics when u get them👌

Last edited:
I have 31x10.50 BF Goodrich KM2 mud tires, 15x8 wheels with 3.75 BS and here’s the stock flares vs the flares on the Rubicon models. If I remember correctly, the rubicon flares are about 4.25 inches wide.

Stock Khaki Flares.

1573804577504.png

Rubicon Flares

1573804609758.png

I ended up getting the EAG pocket style off amazon.. I like the way they look and they do a good job stopping all the shit from slinging onto my Jeep.

E0EF7E95-736C-40B1-BD87-9197C7EDEA3B.jpeg

I'm having the same problem on my Rubicon. Any suggestions for a metal (steel or aluminum. Don't care.) flare? Or even a wider fender (again in metal) to use? Not really wanting the "flat fender" look. Would like at least SOME downturn in the front.
20191115_095934.jpg
These are 265/75R16 on a 4" backspace and Rubicon flares. Still throws a ton of mud at the slightest turn.

Don't forget: if you're lifted and you have a stock track bar, the body of your rig will sit slightly more to the driver's side, leaving more of your passenger's side tires exposed. Picking up an adjustable track bar will alleviate the problem.

(I may have that backwards. Point being, the body of your rig won't remain centered unless you're using an adjustable track bar.)

Last edited:
As long as I'm going to run 10.5s on these wheels - and I intend to at this point - I'm going to need wider fender flares. What do you guys like/suggest?...
With 10.5" wide tires, 3.25" BS wheels, 4" total lift, and 6" fender flares, I still had rooster tails on the doors. Installing front mud flaps stopped clods from making it up the front door & window.

Does anyone recommend any one of these brands over the others for the "factory style" 6-7" flares? I'm seeing OMIX, RC, Crown, Fairchild, Rugged Ridge, etc. Leaning Crown just because of name brand, but the RC ones have good reviews on Amazon too.