Suggestions on a cheap, functional TJ bumper with winch ready setup

Big-Al

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Any opinions on a cheap but functional front bumper with a winch ready set up?

I just orfered mine from Hooke road..
I got the matching rear bumper last year and am satisfied with it...

069B9DE0-53F3-4716-AFB5-5CCE754F9049.png

Inexpensive, well-built, well designed, and made in the USA... www.thedirtworx.com. I've run two of his rear bumpers and they're a nice design. They arrive in bare steel so you do have to primer and paint them but that's easy with a couple cans of rattle-can paint. Plus he can do some changes to the design if you request them.

Reactions: Zorba
Inexpensive, well-built, well designed, and made in the USA... www.thedirtworx.com. I've run two of his rear bumpers and they're a nice design. They arrive in bare steel so you do have to primer and paint them but that's easy with a couple cans of rattle-can paint. Plus he can do some changes to the design if you request them.
This sounds perfect. I'll check them out right now. Thanks.

5 foot hunk of 4 or 5" angle iron with a bit of welding for the bottom frame bracket. Add a cheap winch mount.

Go on Amazon and check into all the various names that carry the same bumpers. I went with EAG. Very happy with fit and quality. Around $200.

I just orfered mine from Hooke road..
I got the matching rear bumper last year and am satisfied with it...

View attachment 158311

mine arrives today. Went this route as it was the same price as modding my stocker. I have my stocker chopped down to the frame rails. I don’t get hassled local but I’m afraid of getting hassled when I’m traveling in the lower 48. Now I can have the best of both worlds if need be

Another vote for just a $50 dollar winch plate on the stock bumper. Cant get any cheaper than that. Used OE bumpers are plentiful on CL and the marketplace.

Reactions: Fouledplugs