Suggestions on an aggressive hood?

wait wait wai
I’ve been thinking of getting a used hood from

I completely rebuilt the front axle including brake calipers, complete rear brakes, front bumper and headlights, then a hardtop, leather electric Porsche Panamera seats, new different color carpet and all new hard and soft brake lines, and double din stereo, speakers, backup camera and many many other things.

wait wait wait, I need to know more about this....

ef71b5aedf625e2d2aa9902a5cbf73abb4b3bf7f1188547929.jpg

Reactions: IPerkWVU
May I ask why you say DON’T?

IMO they are, much like angry bird grills, ugly and a waste of money.

I bought this from my brother in-law. And no matter what I do to it, it is still referred to as his.

Let it roll off of you like water off a duck's back. There are more important things to worry about.

I completely rebuilt the front axle including brake calipers, complete rear brakes, front bumper and headlights, then a hardtop, leather electric Porsche Panamera seats, new different color carpet and all new hard and soft brake lines, and double din stereo, speakers, backup camera and many many other things. I was thinking a VERY different hood with decals that say TJ’s TJ might finally make it mine

I'd say owning it and putting that much work into it has already made it yours. As much as I dislike decals I'd go with them simply due to the fact that they are inexpensive and easily removed.

as previously posted ... let's see some pics of the seats and interior mods

Reactions: Daryl
You own it, its yours. Do what you want, with your money.
He regrets it and is now jealous.
Next time he spews his BS, tell him that you need some gas money for 'his' Jeep.

I think there's only one modification that can be added that will make it your Jeep - does he have an available sister? If not sell it and buy a different one.

As long as his name isn't on the title, what're you worried with? If you like and want the hood, fine. Just know that you attaching parts to something isn't going to influence habitual speech patterns of those that don't want to be influenced. Drive your Jeep, and if they want him to have it so bad, then let them buy it for him at a ridiculous mark-up! :)

I have a similar story. My dad originally bought what is now my TJ and I helped him build it up. But it was always his. Then he moved out of the country and I told him I’d take care of it for him so he wouldn’t have to sell it. He ended up transferring the title to me only so I could register it in Washington state. That was 13 years ago.

All this time he said that on one of his visits, he would drive it back down. Well that day never came and all that time I stopped myself short of adding anything to it because it was technically still his in my mind and he could come and get it at any point, yet I paid insurance and registration on it each year. Recently I laid it on its side and it ended up being totaled despite relatively low damage. I finally told him that if I bought the salvage and rebuilt it, the Jeep would now be mine, period. So now I’m rebuilding it the way I like it. I’m getting rid of things I was afraid to touch before because they were his tastes.

If he ever tells me otherwise I’ll have to tell him to pack sand and that’s what you need to tell your family. My dad had the chance to come and reclaim his Jeep all this time and never did so I won’t listen to any argument — he’s not getting it back. That’s the kind of attitude you need to give your family and you do not need to base your Jeep building on trying to get them to change their mind about who’s Jeep it is. They can pack sand as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
If...

Glamour + camping = glamping

Does...

Glamour (Porsche) seats + TJ = gloff-roading?

I got them from eBay for $900.00
I made mounting brackets out of 3/16” steel plate and the electric adjusters and heat all work
I REALLY disliked the factory seats, and always liked Porsche
If...

Glamour + camping = glamping

Does...

Glamour (Porsche) seats + TJ = gloff-roading?
i don’t in the least bit understand your response

..aftermarket hood that will just let water in to wreak havoc on your electrical connections.
I have never driven my LJ in the rain and don’t intend to. That said, I really like the look of the PS hood louver insert. Do you think rain/giving the Jeep a bath would cause problems like you mention above with a vent set up like this or GR’s whole hood louver? I. Your opinion, is the heat relief worth the risk?

Last edited:
I've been a fan of the AEV heat reduction hood for a long time. The Duroflex hood is a copy of that. What I'd really like to do is figure out how to put the JK Hardrock hood vents into a TJ hood. I don't know that I'm good enough with steel yet to pull that off...but IMHO it would be pretty special.