Suggestions on mounting Midland CB radio

M

mav6325

Went to an estate sale today and bought a new in the box Midland 5001z CB Radio. Looking for suggestions on mounting and antenna placement. I have looked over the forum on this subject, and it appears the Uniden radio is preferred, but I bought this radio for under $20 and it appears a little larger. Any suggestions on this subject a long with preferred mounting brackets would be appreciated.

Are you talking about the bracket that bolts to the radio itself? Usually the radio comes with that bracket, I believe you can find a universal one though. As for mounting locations its really where you prefer it, I've seen it just about anywhere you could fit it.
This video does a good job of explaining things.

Reactions: mav6325
One word...

Arizona rocky road . Com

(Who says I can count?)

They have a nice overhead mount bar.

Reactions: tworley
Agreed, it's real hard to beat Arizona Rocky Road's CB/ham radio mount. I've run their mount in both of my TJs and it's a great design. No drilling is required and it even hides the wiring inside. http://www.arizonarockyroad.com/radiomounts.html

This is mine, I have my CB hung on the bottom of the 2m ham radio. Solid, no bounce/movement.
CIMG3873.JPG

Agreed, it's real hard to beat Arizona Rocky Road's CB/ham radio mount. I've run their mount in both of my TJs and it's a great design. No drilling is required and it even hides the wiring inside. http://www.arizonarockyroad.com/radiomounts.html

This is mine, I have my CB hung on the bottom of the 2m ham radio. Solid, no bounce/movement.
View attachment 91242

X2 to this. This is IMHO the best mount out there for CB radios, HAM radios, and any other accessories.

Reactions: K0LCB
My TJ doesn’t have the support bar required for the Arizona rocky mount.

My TJ doesn’t have the support bar required for the Arizona rocky mount.
Their website is a little confusing, I was confused too the first time I looked but basically if you have the knobs that screw into the top of your rollbars for the plastic door frame pieces then you'll be good.
The mount they sell is just a bar that sits across your rollbars and uses those existing knobs to hold it in place. Pretty simple but effective

Another vote for the ARR mount. Though you can make it for much cheaper.

I really like the ARR from what I could tell, but I ended up mounting my Yaesu 8900R to the Smittybilt Overhead console.

Smittybilt Overhead.jpg

I understand now. Had a blonde moment or too many beers (probably the beer). Ordered the mount from Arizona Rocky Road.

Reactions: sparkyhooker
Their website is a little confusing, I was confused too the first time I looked but basically if you have the knobs that screw into the top of your rollbars for the plastic door frame pieces then you'll be good.
The mount they sell is just a bar that sits across your rollbars and uses those existing knobs to hold it in place. Pretty simple but effective

So the mount they sell includes a support piece that goes from the rollbar that parallels the driver and passenger doors? I have the knobs but I don't have the piece that parallels the windshield.

So the mount they sell includes a support piece that goes from the rollbar that parallels the driver and passenger doors? I have the knobs but I don't have the piece that parallels the windshield.
I believe so, I haven't actually bought one yet but I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong

Reactions: JackDirt
I made my own mount bar, it's a piece or pine board wrapped in felt, zipped tied at each end to the roll cage. Works fine but just have to remember not to use it as a grab bar when getting in.
IMG_0647 (1).JPG