"Summer of Love"

Tray Burge

TJ Addict
Since my Jeep got all the love last summer, I figured I'd show the love towards my truck this year. lol
Used a powder coated aluminum woven wire mesh and quite happy with the way it came out.
I actually used the old grille insert frame and cut out the louvers and used the frame to "sandwich" my inserts with.
Trimmed the screen on the inside for a nice clean look.
This process could also be used on your Jeep too.
Before:
IMG_20150905_094202_454.jpg

After and process:
IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG
IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1518.JPG

Mine is a WORK truck (well suppose to be) as I got it to tow with. I wish I could get a 1500 4WD as a DD. Of course I'd love to have a SRT10 but I'd just get into trouble. Or the new TRX would be fun.

Summer of 2019 I concentrated on my bike. Last summer was the Jeep. So this year I need to share between the two and if I get lucky maybe find a camper I like for the Ram.

Mine is a WORK truck (well suppose to be) as I got it to tow with. I wish I could get a 1500 4WD as a DD. Of course I'd love to have a SRT10 but I'd just get into trouble. Or the new TRX would be fun.

Summer of 2019 I concentrated on my bike. Last summer was the Jeep. So this year I need to share between the two and if I get lucky maybe find a camper I like for the Ram.
My wife get's pissed sometimes about mine because the only thing it hauls is ASS! lol
My bed is completely carpeted with a Bedrug though.

Reactions: Wildman
My wife get's pissed sometimes about mine because the only thing it hauls is ASS! lol
My bed is completely carpeted with a Bedrug though.

That's funny but it's amazing the number of people who do now haul anything with their trucks.

When I was stationed at APG, MD I had a Nissan pickup and was driving back to my home one day when this officer in a car followed me home. So I'm trying to figure out why he'd followed me and wondering what kind of trouble I was in now. So he walks up my driveway and I salute him and ask what can I do for you? He's like hey I know this might sound like a stupid question but do you haul stuff with your truck? Now my truck wasn't pretty and it looked like I used it. So I was like yes sir I haul stuff with my truck.
So he'd bought a office size copy machine and needed it moved to his home. So I was sure not a problem. So a couple days later I hauled the copy machine for him. Wouldn't take any money but he bought me lunch.

Reactions: Tray Burge
Since my Jeep got all the love last summer, I figured I'd show the love towards my truck this year. lol
Used a powder coated aluminum woven wire mesh and quite happy with the way it came out.
I actually used the old grille insert frame and cut out the louvers and used the frame to "sandwich" my inserts with.
Trimmed the screen on the inside for a nice clean look.
This process could also be used on your Jeep too.
Before:
View attachment 238647
After and process:
View attachment 238648
View attachment 238649View attachment 238650View attachment 238651
That came out pretty nice!

I’ve got an ‘06 2500 diesel with the similar grill, might have to steal your idea!

Reactions: Tray Burge
That's funny but it's amazing the number of people who do now haul anything with their trucks.

When I was stationed at APG, MD I had a Nissan pickup and was driving back to my home one day when this officer in a car followed me home. So I'm trying to figure out why he'd followed me and wondering what kind of trouble I was in now. So he walks up my driveway and I salute him and ask what can I do for you? He's like hey I know this might sound like a stupid question but do you haul stuff with your truck? Now my truck wasn't pretty and it looked like I used it. So I was like yes sir I haul stuff with my truck.
So he'd bought a office size copy machine and needed it moved to his home. So I was sure not a problem. So a couple days later I hauled the copy machine for him. Wouldn't take any money but he bought me lunch.
I work at APG, or did before COVID. Have only been in the office about 10 times since this mess, don’t miss the drive...60miles one way for me.

Funny how many "friends" you make when you have a pick-up truck! lol
I get people I know all the time say, "hey, can you help me..." I usually stop them mid-sentence and tell them they should buy themselves a truck because mine doesn't haul anything but ass. lol

Summer of Love continues...
Ordered a set of Gibson ceramic coated headers to go with my Gibson cat back system last Friday and went ahead and ordered some Taylor 10.44 Shorty plug wires in red too to get rid of that hideous "octopus from the deep" of plug wires, Ram guys will get this. lol
To be Cont...

Looky what arrived yesterday!
Gibson ceramic coated shorty log styles headers.
Caverness and slick as butter on the inside.
to be cont...
IMG_1521.JPG

• Wow
Those are awesome looking. All I can say is WOW.
I'll admit, I wanted the traditional short tube style, but my Hemi mechanic convinced me to go with these and I'm glad now. Very impressed with the quality, just look at those welds. Super smooth inside and out too.