"Summer of Love"

Summer of Love conts...
I now have an appointment for Monday to have the headers installed! yay
I went ahead and ordered some new headlights and LED driving lights too.
The headlights are Anzo's LED/Projector and American made in Florida with good reviews, the driving lights are off Amazon, but unfortunately, I'm sure they're ChiComms because it didn't say and I couldn't confirm it or not. They do get overwhelming great reviews though. We'll see?
MSD coil packs next to match my red Taylor Shorties.
To be contd...
Anzoheadlights.jpg

Reactions: Wildman
Hey qslim, I followed up on your suggestion to upgrade my headlights, just a little less Angry though? lol
I think you'll approve though. haha
Dude the trick is to make your vehicle look like it just saw another dude moving in on your girl at the bar.

Dude the trick is to make your vehicle look like it just saw another dude moving in on your girl at the bar.
Funny you should say that?
I never got offended when guys would try and hit on my wife in a bar, I always knew who she was going home with.
Just showed they had good taste. lol

Funny you should say that?
I never got offended when guys would try and hit on my wife in a bar, I always knew who she was going home with.
Just showed they had good taste. lol

Yep use to not get all bent out of shape when guys would want to dance with my GF. I knew if a special song came up she'd come dance with me. And I knew who was going home with her and who was getting lucky.

When it rains it pours!
Truck in the shop right now getting the headers installed and my Jeep decides it's going to puke up a hub or wheel bearing. yay
Needless to say, she's on the way to the shop when I go to get my truck.
Gotta spend it on something?

• Sad
Got the headlights and driving lights installed, very happy with the results. Love the quality and look of these lights, however I will be upgrading the halogens to LED's like the rest of the lights. I just love the color of the LED output and illumination is the best.
obligatory picture:
before and after are needed.
IMG_1519.JPG
IMG_1528.JPG

IMG_1529.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG
Headers update:
I had the Gibson shorties installed on Friday (mating them up to my previously installed Gibson SS Super Truck Cat-back system), no pictures because you really can't see anything.
I got exactly what I was expecting and a little more, an even deeper rumble and a little gain in torque on the bottom end (didn't expect it to enhance the sound of the cam hitting, but it did that too?).
My truck runs like a scalded dog when you give it WOT, but at a light or just cruising at low speeds, around 1,500-2,000 rpm's if you didn't give it just the right amount of gas it almost felt like there was slight stumble trying maintain torque in the lower power band?
That's completely gone now, nice smooth torque gain through the power band!
I'm happy with the Gibson shorties.
Keep in mind, headers are just a piece of the larger picture homogenized with other performance goodies finalized with a performance tune.

• Love
Summer of Love conts...
I refinished and repainted my CAI over the weekend, went with a brighter orange this time too.
Always loved graphics on trucks, just couldn't decide which route to go?
Since I've always had a special love for the GTX Road Runner, I decided to pay homage and use that as a theme.
With the exception of the air cleaner cover, the decals are cleared in. I have to order a smooth air cleaner cover before clearing in the decal, which means I have to order another decal now, oh well.
I've got some Road Runner body panel decals on the way too.

IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1548.JPG
IMG_1549.JPG
IMG_1550.JPG
IMG_1551.JPG

Man that is really lookin GREAT. Love the classic decals also it just ads that touch...
Thanks, that means a lot.
The wife just looked at me kinda funny, shaking her head. lol, she just doesn't get it and it wasn't worth the time explaining it to her. haha