Sun Performance rocker guards, anyone use them?

Yamahor

Found a set of sun performance rocker guards for $75. They look to be body mounted. Were they any good? Worth it? Or are they known to cause body damage? I was reading what i could find and it looks like they're pretty good old school sliders, but can't find many use reviews.

Attached the only pic the seller had. He didn't even know the name, so i don't know if he'd be able to tell me any more info

118039505_10214972498505069_8477667693286713031_o.jpg

By the way, I'm not a huge rock crawler. I'm on the east coast so it's not Moab here lol. Got a few rocks we crawl tho, and I'd like some protection over my rocker panels getting smashed. I'm considering the savvys, but saw these for sale a couple hours away and never heard of them

Found a set of sun performance rocker guards for $75. They look to be body mounted. Were they any good? Worth it? Or are they known to cause body damage? I was reading what i could find and it looks like they're pretty good old school sliders, but can't find many use reviews.

Attached the only pic the seller had. He didn't even know the name, so i don't know if he'd be able to tell me any more info

View attachment 191439

They are a very good design. Worth the money. Buy them.

@mrblaine has written about them before, I can't seem to find the find the link. Hopefully he'll chime in here.

Reactions: Chris and jjvw
The design looks similar to the Savvy design in some ways. For that price I would say you should definitely buy them.

Last edited:
The tubular rail at the bottom and tub mounted make them a very functional slider. I don’t know if they are ww2ww, but that would be optimal. Sounds like you are already convinced. If @DrDmoney is running them, you have a great source! Best of luck to you!

I finally found a few threads where mrblaine got into it with a guy about design of rockers lol but he said in that he liked the sun's except for a few flaws which I'll try and modify. Sandwich them on and weld on some extra metal to the front to make some extra coverage behind the wheelwell. I cando some welding, and my friend is a good fabricator (i know, we hear it allot, but dude has made some good stuff). Since I'm not as hardcore as some, i think the sandwiching and that extra coverage should be enough unless I'm missing something else.

Reactions: psrivats and JMT