Sunshade Halftop

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
The only reason this came about was because I was looking for a way to keep the gear I was packing in the cargo area of my TJ from coming out on a recent week long backcountry overlanding excursion. I started off just using a mesh bikini as a tonneau cover by bungeeing it through the holes in the tub that the hardtop would bolt into. Then I had another piece of sun mesh that was for the LJ (so a very long piece), which I then used as the bikini that went from the windshield over the sport bar and down behind the front seats where it seamlessly connected with the improvised tonneau. This is the same coverage as the Halftop, just not waterproof and looks pretty decent too. I can say it definitely did its job as far as keeping cargo in and not flying out on the highway or off-road. It cut wind noise down a touch too as well as the obvious sun shade that its designed for. So pretty cool little contraption here I just thought I would post this as some people might appreciate it, or appreciate seeing something they haven't seen before.

IMG_2167.jpg
IMG_2168.jpg
IMG_2169.jpg
IMG_2170.jpg
IMG_2171.jpg

Last edited:
Cool idea. I have an Tj sized Spiderweb I still use most of the time just over the drivers side. Might have to use my LJ one as a windjammer sometime. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: EJD