Super annoying sound when pressing and releasing clutch pedal

ChrisTothC T

As you can see in the attachments, it's really annoying. I have no idea how to fix it. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• 1.mp4
    3.7 MB
  • 2.mp4
    2 MB
  • 3.mp4
    2.1 MB
It sounds like a problem I had with my previous TJ. I pulled the slave cylinder from the Bell Housing. At the end of the slave push rod is a plastic bushing. It was covered with gritty debris and was creating friction whenever the clutch pedal was pushed in or out and the slave push rod pushed the clutch fork in and out. I cleaned the end of the slave rod and the socket in the clutch fork, and applied a small dab of grease to the end of the slave rod bushing. Reinstalled the slave cylinder and all was quiet again. I can't say for sure this is the problem you are having, but it doesn't take long to check this and see if it is causing the noise.

Rich

Reactions: DaYooperTransplant
It sounds like a problem I had with my previous TJ. I pulled the slave cylinder from the Bell Housing. At the end of the slave push rod is a plastic bushing. It was covered with gritty debris and was creating friction whenever the clutch pedal was pushed in or out and the slave push rod pushed the clutch fork in and out. I cleaned the end of the slave rod and the socket in the clutch fork, and applied a small dab of grease to the end of the slave rod bushing. Reinstalled the slave cylinder and all was quiet again. I can't say for sure this is the problem you are having, but it doesn't take long to check this and see if it is causing the noise.

Rich
I will try this

Thank you!

Rich
Late reply but it made it worse. Now it's squeaking so loud and cracking. But I'm going to try to put white grease on the Clutch Spring, Clutch Cylinder, Rubber tip that goes into the transmission, and Small cup part of fork

I would just replace the master/slave cylinder assembly. Mine was making a horrible squeaking noise, which turned out to be the slave plunger rubbing against the old rubber seal. I think I'm also hearing your clutch springs creaking, which is not really an issue but can't be fixed without changing the clutch/pressure plate.

I would just replace the master/slave cylinder assembly. Mine was making a horrible squeaking noise, which turned out to be the slave plunger rubbing against the old rubber seal. I think I'm also hearing your clutch springs creaking, which is not really an issue but can't be fixed without changing the clutch/pressure plate.
Also the clutch was replaced about 2 months ago

Where is the slave plunger located?

Rich

This is a very annoying noise, I'm very familiar. I avoid water crossings almost entirely because of that noise and worn throwout bearings...

Where is the slave plunger located?

The slave cylinder bolts to the outside of the transmission on the driver's side. You can just remove the two nuts/studs and it will come out. The clutch hydraulic line runs parallel to it and makes a 180 turn into the rear of it.

I’ll have to take the transmission out.

If you're taking the transmission out anyway, check the throwout bearing. They can make all sorts of different noises. I'm going to assume that was replaced when your clutch was, but I've had defective ones before. Clean and grease the fork pivot. Clean and grease where the slave contacts the clutch fork. If the noise persists and you're not losing clutch fluid, the noise is probably in your pedal assembly in the cab.