IMG_0821.JPG

OLJY0981.JPEG
WQTM6530.JPEG

VNQY6142.JPEG

• Love
Reactions: SCiotola
Exhaust guy finally figured out a good route for the exhaust...it was complicated but can be done thankfully...tiny Flowmaster mini turbo style muffler....not a glasspack but still very rumbly :O

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

MWVO48712.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Milestars came in after a while! 38/13.5/R17 could not be happier with the ride and handling...new upper and lower balljoints on the front end now the steering is tight! Biggest surprise was the stock brake master cylinder works perfectly NO spongy pedal at all and super strong stopping....easily locks the tires up and you barely have to pressure the pedal to stop...the 94 XJ with the same axles had a very spongy pedal even though the stopping was really strong...very glad this worked out.

WUZF8283.JPEG

KRKD3478.JPEG

MDAG9867.JPEG

Reactions: TJ Starting
Is your up-travel limited by shock or tire? I see you’ve got it highly biased to down travel.
Tires so we set the shocks to maximize the down travel and bump stopped it...it really rides nice better than it did stock for sure. I will post some pics of full compression so you can see how far we let it go up

Tires so we set the shocks to maximize the down travel and bump stopped it...it really rides nice better than it did stock for sure. I will post some pics of full compression so you can see how far we let it go up
Okay that’s what I thought. I would love a full compression pic! Tires are massive :)

Reactions: YourWorstEnemy
Also to note if you do this lift system or another 4 link front system with a Dana 50/60 the diff will interfere with your track bar mount on the uptravel if you use a drop bracket...we had an issue that took some time to think over and finally ended up taking the entire drop bracket off after trying to modify it. I took some square tubing and built a new mount and mounted it inboard of the stock cast bracket...I drilled a hole in the back of the stock mount and used 2 bolts to mount the bracket to the stock mount....then added some welds for added strength...this gives an abundance of clearance for the big diff up front to move up and down without hitting anything.

3EBF848D-48D1-4B48-827A-18AA12ABC7C6.JPEG

E398EE98-D482-4828-BB9D-7A5CC13DD5C2.JPEG

Yes that is true. My son showed me Chris Durhams fiberglass hood highline kit and also GenRight fenders but I am fighting hard to preserve the classic lines on this one but we will see ;)
If only AEV made their high line for our jeeps still. Have you seen theirs? It is possible to do a high line while keeping the stock fenders. Just takes some fabrication and body work.

Also to note if you do this lift system or another 4 link front system with a Dana 50/60 the diff will interfere with your track bar mount on the uptravel if you use a drop bracket...we had an issue that took some time to think over and finally ended up taking the entire drop bracket off after trying to modify it. I took some square tubing and built a new mount and mounted it inboard of the stock cast bracket...I drilled a hole in the back of the stock mount and used 2 bolts to mount the bracket to the stock mount....then added some welds for added strength...this gives an abundance of clearance for the big diff up front to move up and down without hitting anything.

View attachment 138248
View attachment 138249
Since you are now around the stock height for the trackbar I would highly recommend going back to the OEM pitman arm. The goal is to keep them at as close of lengths and angle as possible. At a lowered track bar height the dropped pitman arm works well. But since you moved it back up - the oem pitman arm will eliminate any bumpsteer you might be getting. Is there a specific reason you chose not to use the stock trackbar frame mount?

If only AEV made their high line for our jeeps still. Have you seen theirs? It is possible to do a high line while keeping the stock fenders. Just takes some fabrication and body work.
Yes I know so sad AEV has such nice stuff. Yeah maybe once I recover from this swap I can get into something at least for the front :D. This has been a lot to handle! My grandsons are enjoying watching it change and getting to ride in it

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
Since you are now around the stock height for the trackbar I would highly recommend going back to the OEM pitman arm. The goal is to keep them at as close of lengths and angle as possible. At a lowered track bar height the dropped pitman arm works well. But since you moved it back up - the oem pitman arm will eliminate any bumpsteer you might be getting. Is there a specific reason you chose not to use the stock trackbar frame mount?
Yeah I chose not to because once you put a heim or TRE joined bar in there is hangs down another 2-3 inches below the mount itself and it will hit on compression...I only had around 3 inches of up travel so this way I get around 6-7 of up....the drag link and the track bar are at the exact same angle so thankfully I have zero bumpsteer or feedback in the steering...planning on a ram soon for assist but will see how it does this weekend on its maiden voyage :p...I'll post more pics of the steering angle...the multiple holes for adjustment on the Artec truss allowed me to get away with mounting it higher to compensate for my steering changes....thanks for your input

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
Yes I know so sad AEV has such nice stuff. Yeah maybe once I recover from this swap I can get into something at least for the front :D. This has been a lot to handle! My grandsons are enjoying watching it change and getting to ride in it
Honestly it looks beautiful! I’ll give ya the link to the write up if you ever decide to go that route.

• Love
Reactions: YourWorstEnemy