Superwinch TS9500?

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
I have a line on a NWB superwinch TS9500 w/steel cable for $300. Missing its remote that apparently costs about $35.

Good, bad, fair?

I have a line on a NWB superwinch TS9500 w/steel cable for $300. Missing its remote that apparently costs about $35.

Good, bad, fair?

I ran a superwinch years ago (before China) and it was not bad, I've been using an Engo for about 5 years now and it has performed well and the 9K winch with steel is only $330 new.

https://www.xf_vendor_spam_management/winches-steel-synthetic/engo-electric-winches/engo-SR9

Last edited:
Superwinch (the name at least) is now owned by Westin and they are not providing any support for products prior to their purchase. So know going in that you are buying a throw away winch.

• Angry
Reactions: JMT
Not a tigershark series but my superwinch has worked fairly well. Biggest complaint I have is line speed. The LP series, anyway, is God awful slow. The clutch can be a bit finicky at times too but I think I could solve that by greasing it well

Reactions: J R, JMT and Zorba
Zero complaints with mine. I think @JMT is running one also. I did switch out for rope from TRE.
I am running a TS 9500 with TRE rope and thimble. So far I have had no problems, 3+ years running. My only complaint is the speed.

Reactions: Zorba and J R
Not a TS, but I'm coming up on 10 years with my Superwinch EPi 9.0. I'm on my third winch line, I tend to be hard on the lines, but the winch itself has been rugged and reliable. As was mentioned, support would be the only question, but I've needed nothing, other than replacing the line, for mine during the entire time I've owned it.

The only negatives are size and weight. It was a little over 100lbs, with steel cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: J R