Surco roof rack system

Fishtaco

TJ Expert
I am pretty pissed off, I bought a Surco roof rack bracket system for an 06 TJ that came from US and it doesn't fit the hard top :(

The front gutter mount is a tight fit with just one thread of the tightening bolt/ nyloc nut being able to be done up, I cant use a longer bolt as the one with it is almost touching the roof and the rear bracket does not fit the shape of the hard top curve. I think they have sent the wrong one.

Any experience with these roof bar systems? This piece of shit cost me $280au without the cross bars, I am pissed!

I am pretty pissed off, I bought a Surco roof rack bracket system for an 06 TJ that came from US and it doesn't fit the hard top :(

The front gutter mount is a tight fit with just one thread of the tightening bolt/ nyloc nut being able to be done up, I cant use a longer bolt as the one with it is almost touching the roof and the rear bracket does not fit the shape of the hard top curve. I think they have sent the wrong one.

Any experience with these roof bar systems? This piece of shit cost me $280au without the cross bars, I am pissed!
I have the equivalent rack on my JKU and it fits well. Perhaps they sent the mounting kit for the JK? I can compare measurements if you would like. Sorry for your troubles and hope they sort it for you!

Does your packaging state the product number? They have a ton of different mounting adapters...

Part Numbers
  • J400 - Jeep Hard Top Adapter 1987 – 1995 YJ
  • J500 - Jeep Hard Top Adapter 1997 – 2006 TJ
  • J600 - Jeep Hard Top Adapter 2007 – current JK

I struggled with my front gutter brackets at first as well. I ended having to take off the rubber end caps on the piece that sits down in the gutter and the rubber C shaped cover on the bottom edge of the outside clamp. After that I was able to get the entire nut to thread on. Hopefully that helped!

Does your packaging state the product number? They have a ton of different mounting adapters...

Part Numbers
  • J400 - Jeep Hard Top Adapter 1987 – 1995 YJ
  • J500 - Jeep Hard Top Adapter 1997 – 2006 TJ
  • J600 - Jeep Hard Top Adapter 2007 – current JK
Sorry - I got the rack years ago. Packaging is long since gone.

I struggled with my front gutter brackets at first as well. I ended having to take off the rubber end caps on the piece that sits down in the gutter and the rubber C shaped cover on the bottom edge of the outside clamp. After that I was able to get the entire nut to thread on. Hopefully that helped!
That’s a good idea. Maybe put a wrap of electrical or cloth tape to protect the top in lieu of the end caps if your concerned.