Surgery...

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
Should be minor, but its been a PITF (Pain In The Foot) thus far. Last fall, I noticed a lump in my right upper calf, and when I pressed on it, I'd get a zinging pain in my foot - outboard side. I've been dealing with random, strange and wonderful pains in that foot for several years - and I had thought it had to do with a dance accident back in Y2K, and maybe some of it does.

Anyway, I've been trying to get this stupid thing taken care of since January, and here it is mid-June. Referrals from one doc to the next. Long story short, it was discovered that it is either a (benign) tumor that is wrapped up with a nerve - or its the nerve itself that was damaged somehow and is now AFU. I don't recall a hurting myself in my upper right calf, but whatever. *shrug*

Tomorrow (6/14), I go in for yet another attempt to do something about it. Hopefully its a success this time - the last time it was thought to be some kind of vascular thing, when the doc stuck a needle in it, I just about flew off the table - it felt like somebody had taken a blow torch to my foot! As a corrective action, that procedure was a dismal failure. However, as a diagnostic aid, it was a resounding success! (y)(y) Tomorrow's procedure will be done under general anesthesia, thank Goddess.

Prayers, rituals, best wishes, and juggling flaming chipmunks would all be appreciated!

I have potato lumps. My german grandmas defintion of heriditory benign tumors. The doctor said he could take it off but it might go from a bump to a pit. So same thing.

Good luck. Hope they relieve the pressure and its nothing.

As they say NO surgery is simple. So here's hoping everything goes well and that they can figure out what it is that is causing you issues. I know how frustrating it is to have something wrong but for them not to be able to figure out what it is.

In my thoughts & prayers.

Best Wishes Zorba, It's an aggravating thing to have pain they can't get figured out. I hope everything goes well and it's fixed when they're done! Hang in there.

Reactions: Zorba
Assuming it went well, I hope it fixes your problem.

And make no mistake, milk this surgery for all it's worth where your wife is concerned. Oh my leg hurts but I think a chocolate milkshake (or cocktails) would make me feel better is always good for at least a couple days until your wife kicks your ass out of bed and says enough of this! :ROFLMAO: