Suspension Cycling (Currie steering interference with Antirock)

BuildBreakRepeat

Occasional Genius
Supporting Member
Anyone have a clue why when my suspension is at 3/4 droop the steering hits my Antirock? I’m cycling again to recheck bumpstop with turning radius adjustments and ran into this issue (see pics). Input is appreciated!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

@jjvw @Chris any help?

Last edited:
You have added more droop than factory. I know first hand that the same thing happens with stock links and ZJ steering. Most just never see it.

I fixed it by raising the sway bar brackets with the BMB bracket kit. Not sure what others have done.
20181229_164036.jpg

You have added more droop than factory. I know first hand that the same thing happens with stock links and ZJ steering. Most just never see it.

I fixed it by raising the sway bar brackets with the BMB bracket kit. Not sure what others have done.
View attachment 85504

Okay thanks, yeah my longer shocks Currie arms have given more articulation than I’m sure comes factory. I’ve considered using @mrblaine ‘s links to correct it and flip the tie rod while I’m at it. Thanks for the help, obviously full droop of both tires isn’t common in most applications here (not prerunning trucks which is my background) I am kinda obsessed with being able to articulate the suspension every way and have no interfence before straps and bumps come into play - I’ll have to order those.

Okay thanks, yeah my longer shocks Currie arms have given more articulation than I’m sure comes factory. I’ve considered using @mrblaine ‘s links to correct it and flip the tie rod while I’m at it. Thanks for the help, obviously full droop of both tires isn’t common in most applications here (not prerunning trucks which is my background) I am kinda obsessed with being able to articulate the suspension every way and have no interfence before straps and bumps come into play - I’ll have to order those.
You have a few things going on that need to be corrected. Not enough caster. You will never have your tires turned at full droop unless you are doing something dumb enough that you shouldn't be doing it.

If you have enough caster with the stock uppers, consider some adjustables to pull the axle back slightly. That and it is very easy to add some bend to the draglink if you want to run it like it is.

You have a few things going on that need to be corrected. Not enough caster. You will never have your tires turned at full droop unless you are doing something dumb enough that you shouldn't be doing it.

If you have enough caster with the stock uppers, consider some adjustables to pull the axle back slightly. That and it is very easy to add some bend to the draglink if you want to run it like it is.

Thank you! Yes adjustable uppers are in the mail right now I’m just wheeling tomorrow and was checking everything. Caster is 4* and I don’t mind the return to center - however this is something I hope to dial in with the uppers.